Keep it as is or no confirmation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmoore5553

Barefooters
Feb 26, 2012
Do you all want this option or not. I just talked to another coder that said there is a way to get rid of it. Let me know what you think. I will leave this poll open for 1 week. If you do not vote then do not complain.

I'm not sure what this is even referring to...? Confirmation bubble? Where? :confused:

@BFwillie-g: When you click 'mark all forums read', a small 'dialogue-window' (literal translation from Dutch) asks you to confirm you really, really want that... (As mmoor5553 says, this can be annoying if you often use the 'mark all forums read'.
I find this kind of conf. useful if it's about something that is really 'gone' after you decide, like a deleting operation, but for simply marking read... If I'm that clumsy, well, so be it, I'll have to find unread threads by another means...

Reactions: EnricM
OIC, thanks Anne :) I've never clicked "mark all as read", which would explain why I never got the confirmation pop-up. Seems like a non-issue to me... not a huge hassle one way or another.

edited to add that little yet crucial word :confused:

i'm not sure either what you're talking about. i just use the "whats new" part on the forums. it tells me the newest updates and what posts i haven't read. what i would like to see is how many posts are new since i read that topic. i do believe we had it on the old forum.
i think i remember seeing something like this in the old forum but never used it so i for one won't miss it if it's gone.

This might not be the place to mention it, but I just looked at the member map and see that my locale has suffered devastaing declines in BF runnership. We're down to one, and it's not even me! Is there a way to put myself back on the map?

Reactions: BFwillie_g
We chose not to import the member database into the map but instead have each of you add yourselves, since it's so easy. Just go to the Member Map link and click on the button to add yourself. It's pretty sweet, and much better than the way the other site handled it.

@BFwillie-g: When you click 'mark all forums read', a small 'dialogue-window' (literal translation from Dutch) asks you to confirm you really, really want that... (As mmoor5553 says, this can be annoying if you often use the 'mark all forums read'.
I find this kind of conf. useful if it's about something that is really 'gone' after you decide, like a deleting operation, but for simply marking read... If I'm that clumsy, well, so be it, I'll have to find unread threads by another means...
Right.
Browsing the list of threads shouldn't pose a problem as the posts do not disappear but just get marked as "read".
For me it's not an issue. I am going to use an aggregator anyway, as soon as I can figure out where the RSS feed is.

Status
Not open for further replies.