Maple Grove (MN) Triathlon

startingupagain

Barefooters
Jul 9, 2010
Did the first Annual Maple Grove (MN) Triathlon today. I did the Sprint distance. .3 mile swim, 14 mile bike, 3 mile run. Did the run in my lime green Sprint VFF's.

Overall time, 1h:27m:39s. Run portion was 22m:45s or 7:35 minutes/mile pace. Passed a ton of people on the run since I ranked 97/301 in the swim, 134/301 on the bike, but 39/301 on the run. A lot called out and asked me how I like the VFF's. I said I loved them! And I do.

I last ran a race two years (and 29 lbs) ago. A 10k where I finished in 49m:50s. And that was the start of real hip pain which would start up again whenever I tried to run again (in running shoes).

Today - no hip pain at all!

Way to represent, Start! 

Way to represent, Start! Congrats on a great finish. Let's hope the hip pain stays away.

Saypay, You didn't see me

Saypay,

You didn't see me because I was just a flash!

Actually, there is a better explanation. The Sprint course didn't go on Dunkirk. It went out the bike path south from the beach into the neighborhoods on Lawndale and then along 82nd Ave until 101, then Weaver Lake Drive, then back into the park on the bike path from Weaver Lake Drive. You were watching the Olympic course participants just after they finished their first lap around Weaver Lake.

Makes sense.  No wonder

Makes sense. No wonder everyone looked so tired.

I wanted to go up a little further to the neighborhoods, but with two dogs and a jogging stroller it just wasn't happening with all of the activity.

Congrats again. Next time we won't schedule the chapter group run on the same day as your race. 8)