Maple Grove Barefoot Guy is a rock star...again!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Copied from the old location:
Barefoot TJ
We all know that SayPay is a barefoot rock star, but now they've gotten ahold of his poor wife, Amy!

http://maplegrovemag.com/article/barefoot-running/christian-peterson-barefoot-guy

Running Nike Free 0.0

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:01 AM GMT#1 Barefoot TJ
This made my day, SayPay! Hey that rhymes! Seriously, I have a few things weighing heavy on my mind, and when I saw this cover shot, it brought a huge (okay, ginormous) smile to my face and a chuckle too. I needed that!

EDIT: I loved this part. They even left his personality in:

On a recent run, he came across a fellow runner that wanted to talk about the Huarache running sandals he had on. “He pronounced them right, and we started talking,” Christian says. “He said, ‘I heard about these for the first time on this blog. He’s a local guy. He is called The Maple Grove Barefoot Guy.’

“I was like, ‘Huh, he sounds really cool.’”

The real stats for all your many upcoming publicity photo shoots, interviews, TV shows, and movies: As of September 2011 there are over 3,300 members and nearly 90 chapter clubs worldwide.

BTW, SP, the news magazine named this photo "feat4_foot.jpg." Hysterical!

SayPayRockStar.jpg

feat3_foot.jpg

Photo: Marshall Franklin Long
Christian Peterson traverses one of hsi favorite local trail runs--barefoot at Elm Creek Reserve. __________________

Running Nike Free 0.0

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:11 AM

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:11 AM GMT
Longboard

Cover story! How cool is that!

And the best part: not one podiatrist's warnings.

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:17 AM

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:17 AM GMT
Barefoot TJ

Yea, I liked that about the article too. No scary podiatrist warnings. Making progress. See the pictures I just added above, Board, in case you missed them in our cross-post.

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 6:17 PM

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 6:17 PM GMT
curraheeeasyc

TJ that was my favorite part too! Very cool, and the most positive article I've read yet regarding barefoot running. I just ran the Run to Remember 5k today and had a couple of positive encounters, and when I posted the pics my friend asked how I transitioned, so naturally I told him and pointed him this way. Progress, for sure!

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 6:19 PM

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 6:19 PM GMT
Barefooting Bob

Great article, I bow to the 'Rockstar' that is the Maple Grove Barefoot Guy!
wink.png

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 6:30 PM

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 6:30 PM GMT
Barefoot TJ

Not only is he big (6' 7"), but his head is probably ginormous by now!

I was very impressed with the

I was very impressed with the story. I think there was no stupid podiatrist counterpoint because it was a local interest piece, and not a general story about barefoot running. I love how they did the whole thing from my wive's perspective. Very creative.

With regard to the stats, I did the interview in May and we had to guess at what global membership would be in September when the article published.

I loved this piece... well

I loved this piece... well according to Facebook I just "liked" it. But either way it's always great to see some good press about BFR even if they did equate it as an eccentricity... equivalent to eating a a diet of milkshakes and chicken wings (paraphrased) ;)

Congratulations SayPay!

Thanks for sharing!

S. Pimp.

Hahahahahahahaha!  Shaun you

Hahahahahahahaha! Shaun you crack me up.

I think because SayPay is so eccentric, they automatically thought that BFR was eccentric too.

Okay, I didn't want to say

Okay, I didn't want to say it, but... Most people equate eccentric to weird, so you were probably right in thinking so. Hee. Only love here.