Looking to buy a GPS Watch?

dmcchesney

Barefooters
Feb 25, 2011
I am in the market of buying a GPS watch. I've looked at the Garmin 305 and 310xt. The 310 is expensive but has more features of the 305. I want something that will be able to last me through a 50k race. I want to do a triatholon eventually so it has to be able to do all three activities.

Can anyone compare the two? Is there anyo other ones I should look at? Is the 310 worth the price?

I would say unless you plan

I would say unless you plan on swimming with it, the 310xt is not necessary. The 305 is way overkill for the average user. I absolutely LOVE mine (had it since Christmas), and nary a hiccup yet. Battery should last at least 8 hours, but people have reported getting up to 15 hours out of it on one charge.

Thats what i was afraid of

Thats what i was afraid of was the 310 being overkill. I am pretty much leaning that way towards the 305 just to save money but still get an awesome watch! thanks for the help!

Bit of an old thread, but

Bit of an old thread, but just to add my 2 cents worth.

I have used a 305 for about 8 months now and can honestly say it is a great GPS watch.

I have run 8 hour runs and the battery has not let me down yet.

The watch is easy to use and has all the features an average runner will need.

At the price it is a good buy.

I've had a 305 for over a

I've had a 305 for over a year and love it, but if I had to buy a new one, I'd probably go for the 205 instead. The only difference between the two is the heart rate monitor (and the price), and I only wear mine because I have it. I've never actually used the information for anything.

I have used the 305 but not

I have used the 305 but not any more. They are good for getting the feel of different paces. But I get disappointed if I am not keeping up with the watch.

They are fun for distance.