Looking for direction.

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by BooMac, Dec 12, 2011.

1. BooMac

BooMac
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Indiana

Hi I recently became the Indiana chapter pres. I am trying to figure out how to make registrations easy and to make a list of contacts to tickle with invitations and events.

How do you do it? I see the Illinois chapter has a registration available to anybody who looks up their state chapter.

Also any tips you may want to share on how to promote this thing would be appreciated.

I am thinking of having some free workshops and monthly meetings. I know if we can get a small group of individuals together we can grow. Conversations I have had when people ask me what I am doing, tell me people are interested in barefoot running.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I love my barefoot runs.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. barefoot.henry

barefoot.henry
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. California...
    2. Presidents

I found the best way to find barefoot runners is to do races barefoot. Barefoot runners are always easy to spot, and you'll have something in common. My perferred race distance is the Half Marathon, but I'm sure other races have barefoot runners as well. Even if you don't find other barefoot runners in a race, you get lots of attention, and often many questions. Be friendly, and smile, your glow will be receptive to others. Joining other clubs are also a great way to meet other runners (shod or not). Make yourself visible as you run barefoot. Show people how much fun running barefoot can be. Be an active part of the running community, and then every runner will know to come to you (or refer you) with questions about barefoot running.

3. Kittyk

Kittyk
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. Georgia
    3. Indiana

Hi Michael,

I have sent you an email with some information.

Thanks

kate