Look what they are saying now..

I can run faster barefoot

I can run faster barefoot than in any sort of shoes given absolutely perfect ground, but even on something like asphalt I tend to slow down a bit barefoot. It just makes good cautious sense. I can't see rocks as easily and I don't want to hit one going to quickly. Lots of people enjoy the competition of races even if they aren't super fast. Even if I happen to completely not be someone who cares about speed, I don't blame any of them for throwing on shoes to be faster. I'll even do this sometimes when I'm just out for a run because I want to be able to go faster without paying attention all the time.

As far as trail runs go, uh my feet have hurt like hell after the last two in minimuses. Fireroads=evil I can't even imagine doing them barefoot. It just wouldn't be fun anymore and that really is the point.

Oh my gosh, how did Josh run

Oh my gosh, how did Josh run that fast on that??? Wow, I am in awe of his awsomeness I guess! wow.... and you ran on this too? Impressed. I can't even imagine running on that yet. Most of my runs are all on concrete and pavement as it would be very difficult to push a stroller on Wildwood trail. I don't even think that would be possible on some of the stretches that I have run in the past.

ajb422 wrote:As far as trail

ajb422 said:
As far as trail runs go, uh my feet have hurt like hell after the last two in minimuses. Fireroads=evil I can't even imagine doing them barefoot. It just wouldn't be fun anymore and that really is the point.

AJB422, don't give up. Feet can adapt very well, it is only a matter of time.

You can comfortably run barefoot on a trail/fireroad, be even faster than shod runners and still have your fun.

Josh here from the BRS is my inspiration, he just ran a 5k trail race this summer, barefoot, there were about 120 runners (all shod) and he took the 1st place (with time 00:24:23).

This is what the trail looked like:

And since I was running with him I can tell he had a lot of fun on that run :smile:

Man, that is impressive,

Man, that is impressive, Paraganek. I know you're a speedy one too.

lol this isn't about giving

lol this isn't about giving up, its about not caring enough. I have no urge to run on things like that barefoot. The amount of effort required to get there is not worth the payback to me. I do this purely for fun and I have no desire to put in the amount of time and energy to run something like that barefoot when I can just put on shoes to do it. I'd rather put my masochistic moments to work running farther than on rougher stuff.

Those are super gorgeous pictures though. I want to go running there.

ajb and nick, i can attest

ajb and nick,

i can attest to this being a real pic. this trail is nice and only looks scary. it's not bad at all. that is until you're going downhill in a race. i slowed down over this and got passed by a few of the people i worked so hard to pass. funny thing is, this is the easier of the two trails that PG could have posted. leif erickson is worse. even shoddies have a bad time on it. joshh and PG can fly down those trails. they've helped me to go faster and racing helps. its all about running light and smooth.

by the way, PG did all his running on pavement until last year. then he went and passed me joshh in our trail running ability. the only thing holding you back is your mind. you must unlearn what you have learned.

Mike

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts