Loincloths

rickwhitelaw

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Beryl Utah
This was the Mayan End of Days, underground race. I had someone custom make loincloths, but they turned out to be more like half kilts. Too cold to run without the tights and at times questioned why I went without the shirt.

Here is the whole group, not too many people dressed up for this race compared to the Jive Turkey on Thanksgiving.

473288_4674866625510_1108415229_o.jpg

I have entered a whole new level of crazy.

475703_4674888266051_153995352_o.jpg

That is so awesome, that would of been a fun one to do.

Reactions: OdiarAmor
So how do YOU end up front and center in the picture? Hee.

there's all kinds of loin clothes. didn't know they had ones with tech tights though. ;)

Reactions: Bare Lee
Nice, uh where do you live again? Its beautiful there.

I live in Beryl, Utah a farming valley north west of the mountain in the background (Pine Valley Mountains). The lower red hills is an area called Red Cliffs. The run was in the Sand Hollow area of Hurricane, near St. George, Utah. Usually sunny and warm, but a storm cycle went through that dropped temperatures and gave the area a rare dusting of snow. So many new areas that I am discovering with this running obsession.

there's all kinds of loin clothes. didn't know they had ones with tech tights though. ;)

I know the tights, gloves, and water bottle ruined the costume, but with warmer weather and a better tan, the tights might come off.

Great scenery in the background, that is always a great inspiration for running.
What was the ground temperature like? it looks cold.

It was frozen, but really good barefoot conditions in the sandy areas. Some areas with frozen truck tracks were a little rough. Air temperature was about 32 F. with a 5 mph North wind. Toes got a little cold running into the wind (would have been fine with a hat and shirt on).