Local Yocal Barefoot Guy in Western Washington

Howdy all, My name is Shane and I have a problem...

I've been a barefoot advocate most of my life unkowingly, spent my childhood living on a boat and didn't learn to tie shoes until I was 13 :joyful:.

I have never been a runner though. To the contrary, despite my wife trying to tell me about the joys of running, my reply has always been "boring!". Give me a skateboard, a bike, surfboard, etc... anything but running! That is until I started running barefoot :barefoot:

So I have been trying my best to take it slow. A friend gave me a copy of Barefoot Ken Bob's book (she was also a model for a lot of the photo's in it), and I've been trying to avoid the dreaded BFES (Barefoot Exuberance Syndrome) but it has been tough cause I'm having so much fun! After 3 months of short runs and being BF as often as possible, last week I did 30 miles, including a 10.7 mile run yesterday and I couldn't imagine doing it any other way than BARE! I may get some minimalist shoes eventually but going just feet right now has been a blast.

My main addiction the last several years is Stand Up Paddleboarding, mainly on rivers, and I teach SUP part time. Currently I'm training for a 70 mile distance paddle race in June from Tacoma to Port Townsend, and BF running is excellent cross training me thinks.

Anyways I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here.

Cheers!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Give me a skateboard, a bike, surfboard, etc... anything but running! That is until I started running barefoot :barefoot:

I love this! Ha! Glad you're here.

Thanks! Its very true, and my wife is pretty annoyed at my "new found" elation of running haha!
Hey, but you're running, right? That's what she wanted. :coldfeet: