Local random running

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by mokaman, Apr 6, 2013.

1. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Hey everyone,

If anyone is interested in running at Stone Mountain, Suwanee Greenway or basically any of the Gwinnett county parks and want to join in for some barefoot running let me know. I'm just now getting back to barefoot running for the year and will be running somewhere about every other day in Gwinnett county. Only doing 3 - 5 miles at present will be longer as the year progress's.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. Keleko

Keleko Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I'll be running at Stone Mountain tomorrow afternoon around 3. I'm not totally barefoot, and I have a pair of Sockwa G2s that I use.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Hi Mokie! Welcome back. I sure missed you. Give me a call..

Keleko and Mokie, will you be running on Sunday, May 5, International Barefoot Running Day? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

4. mokaman

1. Georgia

I ran already today but maybe at Stone Mountain sometime soon... I know Sunday running Stone Mountain is very popular....do you run the roads or the Cherokee trail?

I usually do a lap on the Cherokee trail then up/down the mountain once.

5. mokaman

1. Georgia

I'm not sure where I'm running on May 5th...depends if I have to work or not. Has bogrist got anything in the works?

6. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hey Terry. It's good to see your post. We need to find time to meet up for a run.

Gerry

7. mokaman

1. Georgia

Sunday May 5th IBRD would be a good one to plan for... maybe same place as last year, Big Creek Greenway?
    I'm game for some running at Suwanee Greenway also. Where else would work out for you Gerry?

8. briarpatch

briarpatch Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I'm up for a run on May 5. I would have come out for Stone Mountain, but it sounded like you were running up the mountain and my ankles can't handle uneven surfaces anymore. I've injured both of them in the past. And I'll be doing the Peachtree this year too. It feels almost like a duty after what happened in Boston.

mokaman and Barefoot TJ like this.
  9. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Bo, any word on May 5, International Barefoot Running Day? Any other takers like to get together with Briarpatch for an IBRD run?

10. mokaman

1. Georgia

Hey briarpatch,

I can run on May 5th, I have to work the over nite shift that morning but could still meetup around 9am or later depending on where we would run. Stone Mountain would work and I just walk up Stone Mountain and run around the mountain normally...where would you have in mind to run on may 5th? I haven't heard from anyone else yet about running on May 5th so I'm open on the location.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  11. bogrist

bogrist Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I am putting something together with Greg at Natural Strides. He has agreed to host a run from the store followed with coffee or a beer across the street afterwards.

Details to follow shortly.

Barefoot TJ likes this.