Local Places to Barefoot

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Gidds, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Gidds

Gidds
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...

Looking for area places to run/walk/hike in your minimal shoes or bare feet? Here is my list, so far, please feel free to add. If you visit any of these places keep in mind that YOU are your most important safety resource. Be alert and aware of your surroundings, tell somebody where you are going and when you plan to return or take a buddy, bring water and basic first aid supplies if you are planning to be out for a long run or hike, and keep in mind that Panhandle weather can change in the blink of an eye.

1.)Panhandle State Parks
    I have written trail reviews for some of these. I can post more of them here if requested. Here is a video that shows a few that I reviewed. Here is a video of some other barefooters, whom I do not know, at a local state park.

2.) Some Walton County Hiking Trails. I've done a few of these.

3.) Walton County Public Beach Access. If running/walking/hiking by the Gulf is your thing this is a pretty thorough list. This list is prettier though.

4.)Panama City Beach Conservation Park
    Interesting new park with a variety of trail surfaces.

5.) Okaloosa County Parks & Beach Access

6.) Bay County Parks & Beach Access

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. curraheeeasyc

curraheeeasyc
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...
    2. Presidents
    3. Florida -...

Awesome list!

3. Gidds

Gidds
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...

Got a new idea while out driving around today:
    There is a new multi-use (bike) path along Chat Holley Road (in Santa Rosa Beach), which intersects JD Miller Road, which leads to the county Greenway Trails, which are a combination of boardwalks, possibly smooth sidewalks and multi-use paths, and pavement that may be varying levels of cheese-grater.

My other idea is Turkey Creek Park in Niceville.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature