Local Minimalist Sources

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Gidds, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Gidds

Gidds
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...

I decided maybe we should have a list of places to get minimalist shoes and toe socks and whatever else people need. I will start but please add more:

Merrell Outlet
    Silver Sands Mall, 10406 US Highway 98 W Ste 55
    Miramar Beach, FL 32550
    Phone Number: 850.269.3310
    Average Prices Limited Selection of Barefoot Line colors but many models and a good range of sizes

Sunset Shoes
    Four local locations
    Average Prices Injinjis (limited models and colors), VFF (lots of models, colors, and sizes) and Merrell Barefoot line. Decent customer service at the location I go to most often.

Dragon Sports
    233 Racetrack Road Northwest Fort Walton Bch, FL 32547
    (850) 863-8612

Primarily a bike and triathlon shop but they have all kinds of interesting accessories like a trillion different kinds of Gu and related products, lots of different hydration systems, Zensah calf sleeves ($40) in lots of sizes, limited to black though, some running clothes, anti-chafe balm, etc. The staff are very nice and they have a dog.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. curraheeeasyc

curraheeeasyc
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...
    2. Presidents
    3. Florida -...

Nice. There doesn't seem to be much over here in Panama City proper. Thanks for the post and hopefully we can get more here.

3. mactarkus

mactarkus
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...

If you go to Sunset at Destin Commons, look for my friend Jeff. He's a barefoot runner.

4. curraheeeasyc

curraheeeasyc
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Florida -...
    2. Presidents
    3. Florida -...

I just went to Run With It in Fort Walton today and they were very friendly and had an excellent stock of many minimalist models to include Merrell Trail Glove, pace glove, road glove, etc, New Balance MT10, Road Zero, Trail Zero, etc., and probably 6-8 VFF models including the SeeYas. I got the New Balance Minimus Road Zeros (I need something for Air Force PT) so I'll let everyone know what I think of them.