Let's have your PR's!

Joshh

Barefooters
Aug 28, 2010
Be great if the chapter "Races and Events" could extend to "Races, Events and Competitive Running" or something like that. I know we are in the minority but there are some of us BF'ers and minimalists that are interested in our performance and running fast.

In the spirit of getting this out of the closet, I was hoping to start a thread where we can bravely post our PR's for the world to see. As we run faster and have new PR's, I hope to see this thread grow.

Here goes: I used to run races in high school but it has been a long 22 years and I can't remember any exact times. Yesterday I did a time trial BF on a gravel road. 3 miles (just short of a 5k) in 19:31.

Ok, that is just crazy, on

Ok, that is just crazy, on gravel?

I did a BF 5km (on road with a little gravel) in 26:30 and I was pleased as punch. My last 5km on complete gravel road was slightly over 40 mins due to lots of deking, etc to miss all the big rocks.

I bow to your ability to fly over the nemisis of gravel.

Last summer I did 10 miles in

Last summer I did 10 miles in 1:39 in shoes

This year I'm hoping for a 1:15 finish, Half - 1:45, Full - 4:00, and 50k - 5:00

I have never done a 5k and not many other races. Those are my goals which would make them PR's

Bob, thanks for that

Bob, thanks for that (blush). It's not hard, it's just putting your time in on rough surfaces. I got schooled not long ago by Paraganek (of this forum) as he has put more time in on gravel than me. Racing will be interesting though as it will be about pushing that much harder.

DMC, 7min39 for ten miles is smoking! Now time to do it BF!

Thanks! yeah 7:30/mi is what

Thanks! yeah 7:30/mi is what my body wants to run at, my cardio isn't quite on par yet

Hill work!

Hill work!

I been trainin for a halfer

I been trainin for a halfer right now, i just quit smoking and drinking cold turkey 2 months ago and i ran last night in my VFF's 10.72 miles at 1:29:00. i think a 8:39 pace, pretty stoked on it so looking for a 1:44:00 min half time... i think the next half miler is in 2 months, but my main goal is training for the ultras (barefoot of course) and on a good plan for myself now.

Barefoots:

5k- 20.27sec (as of now) going for PR of 19:37.00sec

10k- 46.12sec (as of now) going for PR of 43:50.00sec

Half- TBD going for PR of 1:44.00 sec

Ultras...coming soon to a trail near you :)

I have stickied this thread.

I have stickied this thread.

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

Randy that's a 8:18

Randy that's a 8:18 minute/mile :shock: over ten miles that is super fast! Let us know when you are doing that kind of time and distance BF.

Sorry DMC my math was waaay off. I've given up on it and just entered your digits in a pace calculator (http://www.arkansasrunner.com/calculators/minpermile.htm) and came out with 9:54minute miles. Still darn good in my book.

show off. it's not good

show off. it's not good enough that you leave everyone at the bottom of the hill? now you have to brag about it here? jeez.

jk. i've only been able to time myself around the neighborhood with the dog and the best i did was 21 min for about 3 mile. i an only say about since a cel phone isn't accurate and i subtract time for doggie stops. my 10k pr for a mud race was just under an hour i think, some 58 minutes. 5k in a obstacle course was 29 min. fair and they should improve this year.

we'll see how this 10k trail race goes coming up. i doubt i'll beat paraganek but if i can get near or below 50 it will be good. that is one technical trail the race is on.

Mike

LOLzTiming stuff is fun. 

LOLz

Timing stuff is fun. What do they say in business jargon? What gets measured gets managed? Or something like that. We obviously don't have to measure or manage anything, but at the same time, where's the harm? Measuring my running has made me take it more seriously which has led me to commit to training, harder runs, better recoveries, as well as more rolling on my foam roller, stretching, etc.

Besides you are the one with the big lungs and perfect form (which can even be seen in your new profile pic), not to mention Tarahumara heritage. Mixing it up at the end of the month is going to be a blast! Definitely the most technical trail I've been on in this area. Can't wait!

Joshh- Stickied means it is

Joshh- Stickied means it is at the top of the list of forums in the category permanently

And yeah i got hurt during the race which forced me to walk, i wonder whyy... thats right THANKS ADIDAS!!!

But this summer will have new PRs and hopefully my cardio will build because my body wants more speed

Awesome.  Here's to a summer

Awesome. Here's :beer: to a summer of PR's!

it says its a 8:39 min

it says its a 8:39 min mile....? at 10.39 mile sorry not 10.72 i rechecked it.

i think it would go to a 9 min mile by the time i hit the 11 mile which i didnt think was fast just avergae... but i have no effin clue anyway.

But i do it at night on paved road and i sprint through the half mile of gravel, it feels easier to sprint the the gravel i act like im on lava lol.... but seriously i do. and i do that 1 time a week, on my pace workouts im still getting used to it i cramp up a couple times and my legs are jello by that 10 miles so i quit, thats why i only do it 1 time a week until i get used to it. so in reality i should slow it down, and add some more stretching but i do stretch before and after and eat a Pb&J before... when i do it BF ill get at ya :) all these times inspire me you guys all got it goin on cant wait to get there

Marc, welcome to the

Marc, welcome to the thread!

Talking about this stuff inspires me too Randy. btw I used to have crazy long hair like you too. In college I cut the thigh out of a pair of old sweats and wore it on my head, kind of like in your profile pic. People in my marine bio class would tell me I looked like a sea anemone. :bigsmile:

I didn't know how to do this

I didn't know how to do this otherwise so here's a link for a book review I wrote that might interest the people reading this thread. : http://barefootrunners.org/story/training-hard-feel

Back in my shod days I ran 10

Back in my shod days I ran 10 miles at about 57:30 and 5ks in the 16:30s. My only barefoot race so far has been a 38:11 10k. Unless I can figure out something to do for my PTT it may be my only barefoot PR...

Dang Myk, that is fast.  I

Dang Myk, that is fast. I wish I knew more about posterior tibial tendonitis but the name is as far as I've gotten into it. Best of luck with that. I know how tough it is to be injured. As a teenager I was constantly laid up with various ailments that stopped me from running (most of them shoe related). In high school I used to be in the 18's and I want to say once or twice in the 17's but that could have been a fictional memory and anyway it was shod and shod don't count. I'm trying to get back to that racing shape and very much enjoying the process. Healing thoughts!