Let's get this group active

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by 7ships, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 7ships

7ships
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Hi all,

I'm Johnny, the new WI Chapter administrator. I've been barefooting it for about 3 years and just moved to WI, 3 months ago. I'm living in Madison and working in Middleton (just outside of Madison). I'm a distiller by trade and am excited to be here.

I would like to get this chapter up and running as it seems there's not much activity here. The first thing is to figure out where everyone lives, so if you email me I'll send you a registration form. It asks for contact info and location so I can figure out the best central point for meetups. The BRS has asked me to keep these forms on file. 7ships at gmail dot com.

Next we need some runs! If I know where everyone is I can start working on getting us together.

I'm excited folks!
    Johnny

2. paulie

paulie
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Sounds good! I just sent you an email Johnny.

Greetings everyone, I live in Beloit and am willing to drive as far as Madison or MKE for events. Looking forward to meeting other barefooters soon!

paulie

3. 7ships

7ships
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Hey good to meet you Paulie!

Folks, I'm thinking I'll just add an event to the calender and see who I can get to show up. If you're following this thread please shoot me an email at the above address so I can send you the reg form.

Thanks,
    Johnny

4. paulie

paulie
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Johnny,

Post details here too when you get around to setting up an event, since I and probably others rarely check the calendar.

Thanks,

paulie

5. 7ships

7ships
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Hey Paulie,

Hows about we shoot for Sun, May 6th, International Barefoot Running Day? If you're good to come to Madison and I can get some others here, that would be a great time for our inaugural run.

Let me know if that works.
    Best,
    Johnny

6. paulie

paulie
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Sunday the 6th is out for me, but I could do Saturdays, either the 5th or 12th. You should go ahead and try to set something up for IBRD anyway, since it would be cool to have an event to coordinate with the International Day.

7. rsperko

rsperko
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Thanks for stepping up John.

Just hurt myself this weekend, so not likely to do anything long on the 6th. If a run is organized closer to Milwaukee, I would be very interested.

8. 7ships

7ships
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

Hey Sperko,

This Sun will be in Madison. I'm trying to get another injured local guy to come out and hang a bit, maybe after the run so we could grab lunch somewhere. If you can't make this one I'll probably try to get one in a month in Milwaukee as it seems like these two cities are close to a few people.

Look forward to meeting you.
    Johnny