Kevlar Socks

pbarker

Barefooters
Sep 19, 2010
Kevlar hockey socks. Sounds like a sock that might be tough enough for barefoot running. The socks are made of 35% Kevlar and are designed to reduce cuts from skates. Yesterday I tested a pair with a 12k run. I ran on a variety of surfaces from snow covered trails, asphalt, gravel to chip-seal. One hole was the result. After re-examining the sock I discovered the hole was in the unprotected part of the sock. These are the most abrasion resistant sock I have run with to-date.

Gord's Frozen Ass Fifty in feb should have no chipseal and very little gravel (based on last year) so i think I may have found the sock for the 50k.

Besides the test it was a beautiful spring like day, perfect for running:)

kevlar_test.jpg

Tristan-OH wrote:Ok I might

Tristan-OH said:
Ok I might be missing something, but what good does kevlar do if its not in the area you need it and still wore through them in one run?

I am looking for the worlds toughest sock. With all its flaws it is the best I have found. I plan cut off the foot portion of the sock and just use the kevlar cloth, which seems to standup. If it does not work change it :)
pspck1-10250975v275.jpg

Cool. that might be a good

Cool. that might be a good idea for a new minimalist solution if you could get the sole to be kevlar... I've heard of many running in socks and even coating them in like plasti-dip but kevlar sounds much better! I've got kevlar pants and stuff for the chainsaw, but never heard of kevlar socks before!

I should look for an old pair

I should look for an old pair of kevlar pants and make socks. The kevlar socks are little short on protective material to fully cover the sole.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts