Ken-Bob's Livonia MI Clinic Report

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
What a pleasure it was to meet him in person this evening.

There were about 20 people in attendence, plus of course Herman.

He was a really good leader/mentor, and in addition to the "relax" mantra, was very well spoken and thoroughly familiar with the latest scientific research.

My sons wrote him off as " A hippie, of course he runs barefoot" after viewing the ABC news report featuring him, but I knew better. He is the one that started the internet presence of barefoot running, and is still one of the primary promoters of the sport.

If anyone has a chance to attend one of his seminars, I highly recommend it.

He is a living legend, and a real mensch.

No pictures, Board?  What

No pictures, Board? What gives? You at least got him to sign your tee shirt, right? ;-)

Barefoot TJ wrote:No

Barefoot TJ said:
No pictures, Board? What gives? You at least got him to sign your tee shirt, right? ;-)

I pulled up after the 45 minute drive from work at exactly 6:30, jumped out of the car leaving my phone/camera inside, and joined right in with the group. He was so cool, that after greeting him and shaking his hand, I forgot that I was in the presence of a celebrity, and nobody took any pictures.

I dropped your name in the first ten seconds, when Herman looked at me meanly I said " I guess he does'nt like me any better than T.J's cats".

It gave him a chance to explain the BRS to the group right from the beginning, and I brought up his official status with the group.

Never had a black tank top signed before, still didn't.

But I did hang with the dude for two hours, and asked a lot of questions.

I've got the memories in my most reliable hard drive I own.

Just don't ask me about the seminar when I'm in my late 80's!

Name dropping.  Yes, that

Name dropping. Yes, that seems to be going on a lot lately. Actually Herman LOVED my cats; they just didn't care for him too much. Too bad cause he's a great dog. So darn cute and lovable, very furry, big personality, just like him (or them). Yes, Ken Bob is furry too.

Just another reminder

Just another reminder prompted after viewing Jason's Grand Rapids BKB pictures:

Look for a stop near YOU! It is really a great experience.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS