Ken Bob needs your help, New York!

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Chris, you may want to head this up and coordinate it. Please let me know if you can't. Thanks!

Ken Bob has started the process of planning his 2013 Running Barefoot Nor’easter Tour, plus! and East Hampton, New York City, Saratoga Springs, and Windsor are included!

The tentative dates for his visit are:

New York City: June 20, Thursday evening
    Windsor: June 4, Tuesday evening
    Saratoga Springs: June 6, Thursday evening
    East Hampton: June 19, Wednesday evening

But he needs some help from you all. What he's looking for is some suggestions from you locals who may know best which stores/establishments would be willing and able to host a presentation and book-signing. This may require your making contact with those stores to help arrange his tour stops. He has his own projector, P.A. system, screen, wireless microphones, etc. All they have to do is provide the space.

He also needs a place to crash, so if you can host them in your home, please post here.

He will be traveling with Herman, and he is sensitive (must be true, he says he read it in Barefoot Running Step by Step), so these venues need to be dog and barefoot friendly and definitely not reeking of coffee!

Please see his site for more info: http://barefootrunning.com/?p=6888

2. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

The tentative dates for his visit are:

New York City: June 20, Thursday evening

Windsor: June 4, Tuesday evening

Saratoga Springs: June 6, Thursday evening

East Hampton: June 19, Wednesday evening

3. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

He also needs a place to crash, so if you can host them in your home, please post here.

4. ckijowski

ckijowski Barefooters
    1. New York

WOW! I would love to do this. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the state...Buffalo. If he come to Buffalo, let me know and I would be more than happy to help. Unfortunately the barefoot movement in this part of the state still allows me to get looks like I'm crazy for walking barefoot let alone running barefoot.
    Chris

5. otoole4info

otoole4info Barefooters
    1. New York

50 minutes west of Windsor I am...... Our house probably wouldn't be the ideal place to crash. Kids, dog, cats, chickens and crazy-ness almost 24-7. I'll see what I can come up with. I know some people that know some people that know some people, lol.

6. Beckward1

Beckward1 Barefooters
    1. New York

Your welcome to stay at our place in Windsor. We have 2 small-ish dogs and 2 cats, but non-smokers and non-coffee drinkers. Bonus: I'm a pretty good vegan cook. If the extra dogs and cats running around might be too much, I have plenty of friends and family in the town (most less than a mile or two from our house) that could spare a room. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by Windsor!!! We've never had anything like this before. I'll stop by a few places tonight to see if they can hold this event. Thanks again!!

Barefoot TJ and otoole4info like this.
  7. barefootn

barefootn Barefooters
    1. New York

Rochester, NY (Spencerport actually) If you are going our way let me know. You could crash (sounds terrible) spend a night here.

8. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Ah, but Herman LOVES cats. He LOVED mine anyway back during Ken Bob's last tour. My cats didn't care too much for Herman though, and one of them stayed outside for three days after they left before she'd come back in the house! Ha! Herman's good people though, although he is a dog.

otoole4info likes this.
  9. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob Administrator
    1. California...

Ken Bob's Nor’easter +plus+ Tour (2013)

Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton is planing on being in your area!

more info:
    http://RunBarefootTour.com

BUY MY BOOK!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...=1592334652&linkCode=as2&tag=runningbarefo-20

In some areas I already have overnight hosts, and in some areas one or more confirmed events. In those cases, all you folks need do, is drag your family, friends, and enemies to the event.

Where I need an overnight host, I do have some specific requirements. PLEASE don't offer to host us if you can't accomadate these requirements!

OVERNIGHT HOSTING:

1. I will be traveling with a large furry dog, Herman (http://PsychoHerman.com), and I do NOT want to leave this nearly-90-pound dog alone in a strange place thousands of miles away from home - being left alone might make him sad, and mostly because if he decides he's going to be upset with me for deserting him in a strange place, I can't afford to replace your fine furniture, carpet, walls, etc.. I can barely afford this trip! On the other hand, Herman is actually, mostly, a pretty nice and gentle dog, who loves cats, puppies, and small children. Given a few minutes (and a few treats, and a lot of back-scratching), he can generally get used to most adults and pre-pubescent children. But, if you are allergic to dogs, then please don't offer to host us overnight - then when I show up, tell me that Herman needs to be tied up outside or in the garage.

Besides Herman is part of the show, he is featured on page 44 of Barefoot Running Step by Step (BUY MY BOOK!)

2. Yes, I am sensitive - it says so in Barefoot Running Step by Step (BUY MY BOOK!) - to the smell of coffee, tobacco, even melons (though melon smell at least doesn't waft throughout the room as much as smoke and hot coffee fumes. So if you can't survive your morning without coffee, cigars, or cigarettes in your home, in fact, if you allow smoking in your home at all (the smell tends to linger, age, and get worse over the years) then PLEASE don't offer to host us overnight, or I might suffer headaches, nausea and if you're lucky, you might even get to watch me VOMIT!

3. I am Vegan. But that doesn't mean I'll be offended eating with some carnivores, and I'm not asking you to go out of your way to buy some fruits (NO MELONS PLEASE), vegetables, and nuts for me. I'll have plenty of my own food with me. Also I will have Herman's food with me - though Herman might enjoy sharing a small bite of your steak - careful, not too much, he's sensitive too. And, trust me, you really don't want Herman vomitting in your home!

PRESENTATIONS:

These too, must be DOG-FRIENDLY!
    And Barefoot Friendly

If you know of a local store that is dog-friendly and interested in hosting my presentation and book-signing, let me know, or give the management my contact information so we can arrange something.

I have a mutli-media presentation (How to Run Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts - EVEN in “barefoot shoes”) and I am looking for places to set up my own equipment (projector, screen, notebook, wireless microphones, video cameras, small P.A. system, etc.). Should be a nice dry space out of the direct sun and rain with electricity (110-120AC). Often sporting goods, running specialty, or holistic health, etc., type of stores will welcome presentations like this at no charge, since it draws potential customers into their store. PLEASE, NO COFFEE SHOPS (see comment above about vomiting)

Inside a store I could also do book-signings, and book sales, for those who don't already own a hard-copy (paperback) of Barefoot Running Step by Step (BUY MY BOOK!)

WARNING! I'm charging $20 a copy! The book is available for MUCH less at Amazon. AND if you follow the link below to BUY MY BOOK! I make a small percentage in addition to my usual royalty (and I don't need to carry as many books on th tour)... But, if people want to pay $20 to buy a copy from me in person, I'll make a few dollars more which would help pay for my travel.

KEN BOB'S RUNNING BAREFOOT PLAY-FUN-SHOPS

These are more informal, usually held outdoors in a public park, or even a parking lot will do. I do have a small 8'X8' canopy which we can huddle under when we're not out running in the rain. No electricity is needed, just maybe some restrooms available to the participants.

CONFIRMED EVENTS:

Where events have been confirmed, I might still need a host, or suggestions for camping, but otherwise, all I'm asking is that you drag all of your family, friends, even enemies to the listen to me talk about how people are breaking their feet trying to run "barefoot" in shoes, and how to prevent this (with or without shoes).

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
    All plans are subject to change, until after they happen! - Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton

tentative - need venue
    I have overnight host
    2013 June 4 Tuesday evening
    Windsor, New York

tentative - need venue
    I have overnight host
    2013 June 6 Thursday evening
    Saratoga Springs, New York

tentative - need venue and overnight host (or camping)
    2013 June 8 Saturday
    Vermont

tentative - need venue
    I have overnight host
    2013 June 9 Sunday
    Portland, Maine

tentative - need overnight host and venue
    2013 June 12 Wednesday
    New Hampshire

tentative - need venue
    I have overnight host
    2013 June 13 Thursday
    or
    2013 June 14 Friday evening
    Boston area, Massachusets

Confirmed Event
    2013 June 15 10:00 am
    Ken Bob's Nor'easter Summer Tour 2013
    John F. Kennedy Park
    Cambridge, Massachusetts

2013 June 18 Tuesday evening
    Connecticut

2013 June 19 Wednesdayevening
    The Hamptons, New York

2013 June 20 Thursday evening
    New York City area, New York

tentative - need venue
    I have overnight host
    2013 June 26 Wednesdayevening
    Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

tentative - need venue
    I have overnight host
    2013 July 1 Mondayevening
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

more info:
    http://RunBarefootTour.com

BUY MY BOOK!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...=1592334652&linkCode=as2&tag=runningbarefo-20

Have fun,
    -Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton

Contact me:
    http://RunBarefootTour.com/#contact

melaniepittam likes this.
  10. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

I have a host in Windsor, I think it's Backward1, judging by the exact same description received in a private email.

Look forward to this. I feel a lot of the stress raising off my shoulders as folks pitch in to help...

Now I gotta work on polishing my presentation.

Barefoot TJ and otoole4info like this.
  11. otoole4info

otoole4info Barefooters
    1. New York

Excellent, along with the craziness of our house here the morning coffee aroma is a must and from the sounds it would not bode well.

How are you making out on a venue to host the presentation for the Windsor area and how far from the overnight host are you willing to travel? Oh yeah and I recommend, as you recommend, EVERYONE SHOULD "BUY THE BOOK" - I already have a copy but who knows I might buy another just because and give it as a gift.

Interestingly, yesterday when TJ posted this a few hours before I was out in the yard practicing...... "The Brooks Bell" - "The Groucho Croucho" - "Bottoming Out the Springs" and "The Pirate Walk"

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  12. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

Still need venues or at least public parks in or near Windsor and Saratoga Springs. I would prefer a store, or someplace I can show my multimedia presentation, and also sell books (otherwise, I need to carry them all back home with me - money would be so much lighter). Public Parks are problematic for selling books, as I would need a special permit, a retailer's license, a state tax permit, etc., all of which would cost more than I'm likely to make on this tour.

Windsor NY
    Tentative
    2013 June 4 Tuesday
    Need venue
    Have overnight hosting

Saratoga Springs NY
    Tentative
    2013 June 6 Thursday
    Need venue
    Have overnight hosting

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  13. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

NYC has been confirmed for June 19 (see events in this chapter) - though I could use overnight hosting June 17 and 18, and maybe the 19th, otherwise I will look for camping after my presentation in Connecticut on June 17 and June 18, and then head to New Jersey to my next host late at night on the 19th. I also plan to pay for parking in a garage near the store, since I need to bring my projector, notebook, P.A. system, possibly projection screen, and will be with my dog, PsychoHerman.com

I also have overnight hosts elsewhere in New York state in Binghampton NY and Saratoga Springs NY. I am still looking for help securing a venue for a presentation in Saratoga Springs.

NYC is being hosted by Eastern Mountain Sports, and Connecticut by Fleet Feet Sports - both are barefoot and dog friendly (apparently). These may be other stores similar to these near Saratoga Springs, but I'm out of sync time-wise, and need to get to work on my presentation and prepare for leaving California in one week.

So all the help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know by personal message or email (kenbob@barefootkenbob.com) if you want my contact info so you can share with the outreach/events personal at possible venues, and they can contact me directly if they are interested. I'm sorry to be putting this on you folks, but I really am overwhelmed with working and preparing for this adventure.

Thanks again for all your help.

Also lots more (maybe too much) information at http://RunBarefootTour.com