Ken Bob in Western New York

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by lparker, Jun 7, 2013.

1. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

A few of you know that I am barefoot nearly 100% of the time and that I hike and run barefoot. Ken Bob Saxton (Google him), if nothing changes, will be at my place either June 23-25 or June 27 on his way to Canada. There is nothing better that he would like to do than to tell people (you) about the benefits of going/running barefoot. He does a "free" presentation on the health benefits of going unshod (he wouldn't mind selling a couple books). I am trying to drum up some interest so I can set up a venue in my area for his presentation. Folks, he ran 79 marathons barefoot without injury. He knows and lives what he talks about. This presentation is for barefooters, barefooter wannabees, and the just plain curious. Please share this with your friends in the Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Erie County, NY area and get some replies to me soon. Thanks, Lee Parker

barefootn likes this.
  2. barefootn

barefootn Barefooters
    1. New York

Lee, I would like to go, but I'm not sure about driving 98 miles from Spencerport.
    It's too bad he couldn't meet somewhere closer.

[​IMG]

3. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

Think of it as a once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet Ken Bob...you can't pass it up! I'm shooting for a venue on the 23rd between 3 and 5 pm. I'll set a tent in my yard if I have to...not that bad an idea.

barefootn likes this.
  4. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob Administrator
    1. California...

I have events all over the Nor'east on this tour. Hope it will be convenient for you to make it to one of them.
    http://barefootrunning.com/?p=6888#map

5. bfsailor

bfsailor Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Pennsylvania

Woo-hoo! I'm in Erie, PA - only an hour away from the Chautauqua, NY area. I would definitely attend this if it happens!
    I can probably get a few other folks from Erie to go as well.

6. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

I have a canopy!

7. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

I've gotta buy a 10x20 this week for my own use and will be checking Sam's club tomorrow. This is definitely on for June 23rd at 3PM at my place - 795 Waterman Rd, Forestville, NY 14062. bfsailor - bring lots of people! - give me a rough idea of how many.

8. bfsailor

bfsailor Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Pennsylvania

I posted about it this morning on the Erie Runner's Club website - I'll let you know what kind of response I get.

9. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

Lee, I have to regretfully apologize. The map link you sent me didn't work, and I've been a bit busy. I just got to looking up your address, and it's actually quite a bit out of my way since I'll be driving from Woodbourne NY to Canada, and won't really have time for a detour to the south (unless they don't let us into Canada for some reason or another).

I had it in my mind (for no apparent reason) that you were near Stroudsburg PA (probably confused you with one of the other dozens of folks I've been in contact with).

Anyway, that would add several more hours to our already too-long drive. So I'm going to have to pass on your invite.
    Regretfully, -Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton

10. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

11. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

OK the map didn't work Just get driving directions from Gaithersburg, MD to Forestville, NY :)

12. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

Sorry won't work out for me. It isn't just the gas, it's another 6 hours of driving, and then another 6 hours to head back east to pick up my wife after she finishes her Yoga Teacher Training. Just can't do that this trip, already driving more than 8000 miles!

13. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

Ok - it's cancelled...got that bfsailor?

14. bfsailor

bfsailor Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Pennsylvania

Got it. :(
    I certainly understand - 8000 miles is a lot of driving!
    Maybe next time.

15. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

Due to some cancellations (DC, and probably PA), I could make it up to Western New York, if you folks still want me???

Lee,
    If you like, and can still host Herman and me, we can schedule something in the area anytime June 23 through June 25. Send me the event address, and let me know which date and what time the event will be so I can post it on my website as soon as possible.

16. lparker

lparker Barefooters
    1. New York

We are back on again for the 23rd at 3PM at my place - 795 Waterman Rd, Forestville, NY 14062!
    (got that bfsailor and barefootn?)

17. bfsailor

bfsailor Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Pennsylvania

Got it! I'll be there!