Just received Moc 3

I just received my first pair of Moc 3 from Soft Star shoes.....anyone else have feedback on them...

I have alway said that someone should make Vibram KSO's without toes....(I just wanna punch people in the face when they have something to say to me about my "toes shoes"...LOL).

These looked like they may fit the bill.....I waited until I had a good work week and found an extra $100 to throw away. I followed their on line fitting guide and called them direct to talk about how I am VERY picky about fit. I am usually a 11 1/2 men's size..they do not make halve sizes, they suggested I should I have them make me a size 12 based on the sizing instructions.......PERFECT FIT...I have not ran in them yet. Very light, 2mm Virbam soles...They do not look trail worthy, but appear to be good for the road...We think that they are good to wear everyday, better looking on feet than on the internet.....More to come. I do a product review after a few miles...
SWcJvl.jpg
pQ7Lel.jpg

Got mine yesterday too. Went

Got mine yesterday too. Went for a 1.5 mile run, my current distance in the BF buildup. I loved them. I was able to run faster than BF, but they didn't affect my form negatively at all. I could still feel small things, and they were light enough that I didn't notice them at all. My feet weren't sweaty at all either despite running sockless in a humid florida afternoon. I measured my foot like they said, and the sizing was perfect. The leather is very flexible too, so your foot moves very well in the shoe.

I also love the company, and love supporting a company like theirs, instead of a big shoe maker that's been selling us the wrong thing for so long and now is selling us "minimalist shoes" that don't go far enough towards emulating the barefoot feeling of freedom.

I couldn't stop talking about how happy I was and how great they were all night. I think my wife started to get a little annoyed, and I couldn't stop grinning. They make me want to do Too much too soon, so I have to reign it in!

Okay, you guys.  I gotta move

Okay, you guys. I gotta move this one too. Hopefully, you'll find it in the shoes forum, where it belongs. ;-)

....Thanks for keeping us in line..LOL The site management is awesome! (and appreciated)

I couldn't decided whether I was going to talk about the shoe itself or talk about the running in them...footwear vs Minimalistic. Thanks for moving it for us. I never claimed to be too intelligent..(it takes me a 1/2 hr to figure out how to post a picture....everytime) LOL

Alan (Forest Gump)
tounge_smile.gif

No problem, Alan.  Thanks for

No problem, Alan. Thanks for understanding.

After my first short run

After my first short run (5K), my preliminary evaluation is as follows.

-The Moc 3 with the 2 mm sole has significantly more tactile feedback than my KSO's

-They seemed to be alittle loose into the run...hoping for the 1/2 size options.

-I wish that the sole covered more of the inner arch (it may be because I am flat footed) See picture, I worry that it may wear too quickly here.

57acfl.jpg

That part of your foot isn't

That part of your foot isn't part of your footprint, is it?

I don't want to answer that

I don't want to answer that question yet..the shoe shown dirt in that area...I ran on pavement..Next run will include sand so I can take a peek at it. I am not convinced its a problem in the perfect world..But not all runs are not perfect (especially my runs..LOL) . My first impressions are a rock cut may be a issue, as with barefoot.

But I still am VERY impress at the tactile feedback. Akin to running in thin socks. Heres the post run pic.

ZOtUvl.jpg

I wore my Moc3s to the store

I wore my Moc3s to the store this weekend, and they were awesome. Nothing like feeling the heat of the pavement and cool of the store floor through your shoes. I wouldn't be surprised if you have some trouble on a trail with the arch area, since they're street shoes, but they're sure great on the road/sidewalk.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts