[Jun 26, 2013] Ken Bob's Moving Forward presentation (Ithaca, NY)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Ken Bob, Jun 23, 2013.

Ken Bob's Moving Forward presentation
Start Date: Jun 26, 2013 06:00 PM
End Date: Jun 26, 2013 07:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

215 E. State St.
Ithaca, NY 14850

Posted By: Barefoot Ken Bob

Confirmed Attendees: 0
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob Administrator
    1. California...

THE PRESENTATION
    [​IMG]
    How to Run Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts – EVEN in ‘barefoot shoes’!

How to Move Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts – EVEN in ‘barefoot shoes’!
    The goal of these FREE presentations is to help people (especially adults) understand how and why being barefoot can help people teach themselves how to run and/or walk more gently, efficiently, and gracefully through PLAY and the use of the good senses we have been blessed with in, among other places, the soles of our feet.
    The idea is that when people learn to walk and run efficiently there will be less injurious stresses and strains on the entire body. More importantly, using their own good senses, they can adapt to changes in terrain, the environment, and even their own bodies (as they get injured, heal, grow, age, etc.)

2. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

Not sure about the time, but should be in the evening (arrive early just in case - and for shopping in the store)

3. barefootn

barefootn Barefooters
    1. New York

Hi Ken,
    If you are going to be in the area you should contact Fleet Feet in Rochester 585) 697-3338. Ask for Ellen, or Medved Running and Walking (585) 248-3420. Maybe they would be willing to host a presentation.
    Fleet Feet has had talks on minimal running.

[​IMG]

4. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

The only time I would have to stop in Rochester would be Tuesday evening... that's a bit short notice to get people to show up, also I'm running low on books (good news, and bad news), so I might just have enough for my next two stops, and I'll have to have some shipped to my stop in Canada. Then we're on the way back home to California.

5. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

The only time I would have to stop in Rochester would be Tuesday evening... that's a bit short notice to get people to show up, also I'm running low on books (good news, and bad news), so I might just have enough for my next two stops, and I'll have to have some shipped to my stop in Canada. Then we're on the way back home to California.

6. barefootn

barefootn Barefooters
    1. New York

Sorry, I would have suggested it before, I didn't know you would be in this area so long.