[Jun 2, 2012] Nebraska Group Run (Ashland, NE)

Go_Blue

Chapter Presidents
Oct 19, 2010
The Nebraska-Omaha chapter will be hosting a run at Mahoney State Park in Ashland, NE at 9:30am on 2 June (Saturday). The Omaha World-Herald will be there to get some video of barefoot/minimalist runners, and would like to interview people about their experiences if possible. I've spoken to them already, and they are very interested to see as many people as possible come out. If not, my VP and I will have to be especially interesting. ;)

This is our first exposure with the media, and we're viewing it as a real chance not only to educate the general public, but also to gain some interest with the chapter.

If you'd like to join us, please let me know by responding to this thread. If the time doesn't work, please say so and we'll see if we can readjust (the two people going thus far are flexible). Would definitely love to see anyone from the surrounding chapters join us if you're interested! Thank you everyone!

**Meet at the Activity Center (see map below)** Please be there no later than 9:15am! :)
That way we can do meet/greet, sign waivers, etc before stepping off at 9:30am. Activity Center is straight after the entry gate, up the hill. Parking on the right.

DAY PASS INFO:
Mahoney requires a pass to gain access to the park. Day passes are $5, annual passes are $25.

Links:
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/parks/places/campmaps/maps/mahoney.pdf
https://www.facebook.com/ETMahoneySP
https://www.facebook.com/BRSNebraskaOmaha

~Lindsey
President
Nebraska-Omaha Chapter BRS

I enabled the RSVP system on your event, Lindsey. It's a little check box (might be hard to see at first) that's included at the bottom of the event.

I might just be able to go to this... :) I'll get back to you.

Yep, count me in!

Yay Everglade! :) Can't wait to meet you!
Go Barefoot - where are you at? Normally we run in Omaha/Bellevue, but this one's our first trip out of that area. Depending how far out you are, we'll try to come to you at some point.

ATTENDEES: I updated the meet up location. Please also note that a pass is required for the park. Day passes are $5, annual is $25, and they can be picked up at the gate or at the admin building (next to the gate).

Also, there is yummy ICE CREAM! :-D The marina has awesome soft serve ice cream, so if anyone is up for a post-run treat and some hang out time, I'll be headed over there afterward. It should be pretty warm that day, so I think ice cream is a nice way to celebrate a group run, lol.

I'm in Grand Island. A bit of a drive. Maybe I'll have to try to attend one of your meet ups this summer. Joined the Omaha group since there are none in GI and the Alliance chapter is even further away from where im at. Im still working on building my distance up this summer.

I have never been to Mahoney State Park. According to the map above it appears as though it has several miles of trails. What kind of trail surface do they have? Is it pavement, asphalt, and/or a combination? Looks like a fun place to run/walk.

The trail we'll be running on Saturday is concrete. Chose an easier route with several options because we need to plan for all levels of experience. They have hiking trails too, and we plan on doing group runs on those as well this summer. I haven't been trail running in awhile, and I'm really looking forward to it.

We've only had a couple, and I think they were both around 3 miles. Ideally keep it to what's most comfortable for the least experienced or least fit in the group, usually. We haven't had any large groups yet, but the goal is to be able to have folks that need to cut it short do so while the more experience/higher mileage runners can keep on going.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts