[Jun 19, 2013] Barefoot Ken Bob's Moving Forward multimedia presentation (New York City, NY)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Ken Bob, May 14, 2013.

Barefoot Ken Bob's Moving Forward multimedia presentation
Start Date: Jun 19, 2013 07:00 PM
End Date: Jun 19, 2013 08:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

2152 Broadway
New York City, NY 10023

Posted By: Barefoot Ken Bob

Confirmed Attendees: 0
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob Administrator
    1. California...

RSVP: Barefoot Runners NYC meetup page

How to Move Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts - EVEN in "barefoot shoes"!
    [​IMG]
    The goal of these FREE presentations is to help people (especially adults) learn how to teach themselves how to run and/or walk more gently, efficiently, and gracefully through PLAY and the use of the good senses we have been blessed with in, among other places, the soles of our feet.
    For decades I've known people thought that running barefoot was all about tensing the calves and running up on the fore-foot, and building up the strength in the calves and feet so they could run this way. And a very few dedicated athletes may be able to successfully survive putting this much strain on the calves, Achilles tendons, and metatarsals but most of us, who should be running a few miles, a few times a week, to maintain our health just don’t want to dedicate our lives to having the strongest feet and calves in the world.

2. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob Administrator
    1. California...

Chris,

Great time last night. I forgot to leave a copy of "Barefoot Running Step by Step" with Louise for EMS. Also, someone bought a copy of Roy's book, "Run for Life" and I don't think they got their change back ($18 from a $20 bill - I owe them $2).

Can you send me your mailing address, and I will send the book for EMS and $2 for whoever bought Run for Life (I remember signing it, and even borrowing your pen, but can't remember who it was I signed it too)?

3. DNEchris

DNEchris Barefooters
    1. Washington

Many thanks for a great night.
    I'll deliver the book to EMS when you ship it to me at:
    176 West 87th Street,
    Apt 3E
    New York, NY 10024

Thanks again.