[Jun 17, 2013] Ken Bob's Moving Forward - multimedia presentation (West Hartford, CT)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Ken Bob, May 14, 2013.

Ken Bob's Moving Forward - multimedia presentation
Start Date: Jun 17, 2013 07:00 PM
End Date: Jun 17, 2013 08:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

1003 Farmington Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06197

Posted By: Barefoot Ken Bob

Confirmed Attendees: 2
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
  1. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. California...

How to Move Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts - EVEN in "barefoot shoes"!
    [​IMG]

For decades I've known people thought that running barefoot was all about tensing the calves and running up on the fore-foot, and building up the strength in the calves and feet so they could run this way. And a very few dedicated athletes may be able to successfully survive putting this much strain on the calves, Achilles tendons, and metatarsals but most of us, who should be running a few miles, a few times a week, to maintain our health just don’t want to dedicate our lives to having the strongest feet and calves in the world.

And that’s okay, Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton will help you understand how to figure out how to teach yourselves how to run gently, efficiently, and gracefully. Not only will you be able to build up (still somewhat gradually) to running further and faster, sooner, in a way that puts less stress and strain on the body, which should result in fewer injuries (and it has for thousands of people who have for decades, studied The Original Running Barefoot website, attended Ken Bob’s Play-Fun-Shops, Presentations, Seminars, and/or read “Barefoot Running Step by Step” (2011 - co-authored with Roy M. Wallack)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. JEFF CT

JEFF CT
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Connecticut
    2. Massachusetts
    3. Presidents

Hi Ken Bob,

I really enjoyed your book. I had just started barefoot running and reading it when I realized you were going to be in West Hartford in 2 days! Unfortunately I did not want to call-out to work, but really wish I had gotten the chance to hear you and meet you. I will be keeping an eye out for any Northeast dates in 2014! Since this summer I have completed a Barefoot HM!

3. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. California...

Thanks Jeff,
    Sorry we missed you last summer. I have no plans for travel in 2014. Trying to catch up on expenses from previous travels, and living. If I do travel next year, probably only short local trips in the southwest.