I've joined the sheeple

My guess would be that foot

My guess would be that foot changes in terms of length would all depend upon the amount of arch you started with.

If you had flat arches and the activity of BFR increased your arch then your feet would probably measure shorter.

On the other hand if you had overly high arches that became normalized while running in the bare your feet would probably measure longer.

My feet are noticeably wider and only fractionally shorter than before I started BFR. Thus far the change hasn't forced me out of my regular shoe size.... although I have a feeling new ski boots are in my future.

S. Pimp.

If they are going to get

If they are going to get bigger I'll never be able to find shoes that fit.

And you say that like it's a bad thing. ;-)

ha ha, well sadly work will

ha ha, well sadly work will always make me wear shoes. Science labs are understandably not so cool with barefeet, and I've spent to many years in school to change my career now. Although until I'm done with academia I'm totally loving showing up in zems and hopefully soon huarches (if I ever get around to buying the stuff to make them). Too bad companies make you wear real shoes.

How about wearing those

How about wearing those surgical shoe covers? That would look chemical labby-like, right? Then they won't even know that you aren't wearing shoes underneath.

An SBLer surgeon did that in

An SBLer surgeon did that in the O.R., nobody ever knows!

I don't think I'll ever be

I don't think I'll ever be enough of a purist to risk messing with OSHA. Even if my feet grow three sizes. Those people are pretty hardcore with their rules. :-D

Fair enough. 

Fair enough. :)

Very interesting responses to

Very interesting responses to my question. In my case, my feet got longer, wider, and thicker over the past 10 months. It appears SP's theory about the arch may be true... mine was high and now appears to be much lower.

I wear my green KSOs to

I wear my green KSOs to school (elementary school teacher) on the days I don't ride the motorcycle and the kids are all blown away, like they had no idea I have actual feet. They exclaim, "Ninja feet!" or "Frog toes!" And all of them want a pair.

Also, I haven't noticed any foot length change, but my arch seems much higher than it was before I started sporting the VFFs.

That's great!  I understand

That's great! I understand that Vibram is supposed to be coming out with sizes for kids next year. Let them know when that happens. It would be good to see the youth embracing them.

Dirtbag wrote:Also, I haven't

Dirtbag said:
Also, I haven't noticed any foot length change, but my arch seems much higher than it was before I started sporting the VFFs.

First my arch got higher and now I'm about to move down a size for my next pair.

Since when did getting stronger involve getting smaller :wink:

I wore mine to our church's

I wore mine to our church's Fall Festival on Friday, and two of the high school-aged youth told me they were thinking of getting some! So they're very aware of VFFs. Then at church Sunday I saw a different high schooler wearing his VFF Sprints. Appears they are just weird enough to attract the youth!

The more the kids start

The more the kids start wearing them, the less they are likely to pick on those that do.

lownox, I grew out of mine.

lownox, I grew out of mine. They fit perfectly last summer and this spring but sometime around August I just couldn't wear them anymore. Sure, I can still cram my feet into them but it isn't exactly comfortable.

so, um...I was gifted a pair

so, um...I was gifted a pair of VFF sprints....and terribly conflicted....I will try them out on the trails to see how they feel, but I suspect their main use will be pocketed for those times I get confronted in a store and can't convince them to let me be....I do like the idea of putting these on (since they are unusual) instead of going back out to the car, or putting on flops...

BUT maybe I'll love the fact that it might be possible to go faster on trails...but I also love the idea of gaining that speed eventually bare...

At any case, there is most def. a FAT attitude with these.

I have used my vff bikilas

I have used my vff bikilas (blue) all day for hs when I was to lazy to bring a duffel bag just to hold shoes... we get a pretty good laugh out of them.... so far the only other people iv'e seen using them out over 4,000 people has been one teacher and someone on the girls team...

I just finished my second tri

I just finished my second tri and saw a couple of people sporting the VFFs. It was pretty cool. We all talked about how much we like running in them while others looked oddle at us.

A few people turned into barefoot runners at the end of the race, but that was only because the last mile was along the beach and its sooo much easier to run in soft sand and along the ocean break barefoot.

Update from me--I've been

Update from me--I've been doing all my running in my VFFs and have even started wearing them around the house. (I've got a bone bruise or something that is taking awhile to heal 100% so I'm trying to make sure I have a little cushion all the time for awhile.) They're doing well. No more chafing; I guess those seams got softened up.

My pinky toe & the pad underneath do sometimes bug me--that's the least-splayed area of my toes when I'm BF and I think it's a bit of a stretch (literally) to have my pinkies separated from the rest of my foot. I'm hoping in the long run that'll actually be a GOOD thing, with the VFFs helping train my toes to be more splayed. :)

Overall, I'm definitely a fan...though I'm also looking forward to running BF again...even dreamed about it last night (and it felt great in the dream!) I just tried running barefoot too early on this bruise and made it worse, so I'm trying to really baby it now to get it totally healed.

Baaaaaah.....I'm a sheeple

Baaaaaah.....I'm a sheeple now. Got some KSO's today. I've been wearing them all evening and they seem alright. I'm goin to break them in on my 5k tomorrow morning.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS