It's official!

sole_foot

In six plus months of BFR/MR I had yet to get one of these. I now feel after my run over the lunch hour like a part of the faternity. 3.5 miles of chipseal. My other foot came out unscathed. The run really did not feel that bad although I guess it is obvious I still have a long way to go!

Happy Fathers Day to all of you BFR/MR fathers out there. Have a great weekend!

Wear it with pride.  You've

Wear it with pride. You've earned it, and thanks for the blood blister picture...you all know how I love those. Do you have any pictures of that chip n' seal to share?

Willkommen im Club

Willkommen im Club :)

Unlike asphalt, I understand

Unlike asphalt, I understand it's anything with more chip than seal. That's why I wanted to see pictures. I've seen fancy chip n' seal and some really rough roads that are more chip than seal where the seal is barely holding the chip in place.

That is one form, I believe. 

That is one form, I believe. How far did you run on that?

Umm, well, it was an 8K (my

Umm, well, it was an 8K (my second barefoot race) but around mile 4 it switched to big chunky gravel. Needless to say I finished last in my age group and nearly last overall. I'm running it again on July 4th, but thinking shoes will be in order this year. I actually thought about running it BF again because I'm much tougher now, but common sense keeps creeping into my brain, LOL.

This will be my only grand prix race for my club this year and I'd like to at least make the board so I need to place in the top 10, which will require shoes. ewheeldrive and I were talking about this race and he is wearing shoes too.

That's a thought.  I actually

That's a thought. I actually remember your story from BKB's.

yikes Wendy, that is some

yikes Wendy, that is some brutal stuff there!

Sorry for the chipseal badge of honor Sole, wear it with pride. As much as it sucks, it's some good stuff to transition on for conditioning the soles!

TJ, here's the chipseal I mainly run on...nothing near as badass as the stuff Wendy ran on, but it's enough to make for an interesting run.

That looks just like the

That looks just like the stuff I run on in my neighborhoods. It really gets cracked up and spread apart around the corners/turns in the neighborhood because all the cars turning their wheels.

It was rough getting used to

It was rough getting used to it, but it's better. Sure makes running on smoothly paved roads a real treat! The half I just ran was like butter under my feet for about 90% of the route. I was in heaven!

TJ I will try and get a

TJ I will try and get a picture of the nasty stuff I am subject to. It is a much more cost effective solution than redoing the roads properly. Our municipalities in Michigan are cutting corners for budget purposes wherever they can. I also think they do it more often on rural roads which have reduced traffic. It is quite prevalant on my running routes and I do not have many options to avoid it unless I get in the truck and drive somewhere. I do not think they took barefoot runners into consideration when discussing how to repair the roads. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!

I think I recall your talking

I think I recall your talking about this before. So you think that's a state-wide conspiracy against us barefooters, huh? ;-)

As well as us longboarders.

As well as us longboarders. My own neighborhood used to be smooth rolling, til they decided to chip seal the streets. Now I look at it as a good training ground for running and walking, but not for quiet silky smooth boarding.