its normal to be so obsessed with going barefoot?

narrowtoeboxisstupid

Barefooters
Sep 17, 2014
since discovered how shoes deforms human foot im obsessed with going barefoot

i go to street as less as possible because i hate to wear shoes and i dont have the courage to go barefoot

i love to go barefoot and also hate shoes very much

so love going barefoot + hate shoes = obsession with barefoot

can anyone give me any advice?

i would prefer to make little money and dont wear shoes than to be in a job with shoe requirement that pays a lot of money

i need to move to a barefoot friendly country i think

Reactions: bare_ftazn
I crave it, but I am not obsessed about it.

I suppose the most obvious thing would be to find a job you can work from home.

Shoes have already slightly deformed my toes. Not much I can do about that. Now I only wear wide toebox minimalist shoes when I must wear shoes, so I don't think my feet will get worse. I kick my shoes off every chance I can when at my desk, and when working nightshift when management isn't around and the few of us shiftworkers are the only ones in the building I go barefoot. I doubt I'll ever find a job I can go barefoot all the time, and in my line of work I can't really work from home. But I'm happy with getting to go barefoot or in my socks a good percentage of the time I'm working.

I'm not sure but doubt even in other countries you'll find a lot of barefoot friendly jobs. Maybe there are somewhere but that might take a lot of searching and limited on options.

I work at home so get to go barefoot a lot. I do wear boots in the duck pen though. My toes were already deformed by shoes somewhat but are starting to spread out more now. I found at Church and at friend's houses if I bring a pair of socks and put them on at the front door people are fine with it. I think they are more afraid of toes than shoeless feet. I volunteer one day a week at a boat shop and they require shoes, so I put them on when I get there and take them off as I leave. I treat new places as an experiment and try shoeless to see if anyone reacts but often have minimalist sandals, socks or even shoes as back-up just in case. Places like the library and grocery stores have passed the barefoot test, so I have gotten more confident about trying other places. Depending on how confidant you are at a job interview or job review you might ask if you can work shoeless or in minimal sandals or something. They can always just say no but they might surprise you and say yes.
I would say I am fairly obsessional about being barefoot at this point. I'm sure my wife would agree with that!

All the best,
Scott

OK. I'll fess up too. My wife says I'm obsessed about being barefoot

Be foot-proud! Don't let the judgement of others keep you from going out barefoot. However, I would admit that I worry what others think too but I like being out in the world without shoes. Some days I am obsessed with it and I don't give two hoots. In fact, I am hoping someone says or does something related to seeing me barefoot so I can share it here! But I live in Oakland CA where it's acceptable to be a little out-of-step with convention. Other days, I don't mind wearing shoes. Just make sure they are comfortable.

Lee, hi! Luckily where i live we don't have that much, but we still are getting snow here and there every other day. Right now it's freezing temps, 1 degree right now! This snow is not melting at all. More north of me, like Boston, Massachusetts area are hammered, they are the ones with like 80 inches. I've seen some pictures from people i know on facebook and it does look like tunnels.

I crave it, but I am not obsessed about it.

and also do you hate wearing shoes or you dont mind?

I suppose the most obvious thing would be to find a job you can work from home.

Shoes have already slightly deformed my toes. Not much I can do about that. Now I only wear wide toebox minimalist shoes when I must wear shoes, so I don't think my feet will get worse. I kick my shoes off every chance I can when at my desk, and when working nightshift when management isn't around and the few of us shiftworkers are the only ones in the building I go barefoot. I doubt I'll ever find a job I can go barefoot all the time, and in my line of work I can't really work from home. But I'm happy with getting to go barefoot or in my socks a good percentage of the time I'm working.

I'm not sure but doubt even in other countries you'll find a lot of barefoot friendly jobs. Maybe there are somewhere but that might take a lot of searching and limited on options.

yep thats that i want to do, my city is no barefoot friendly so i have to move to another

i dont like to work at home lol, ill search for a job bf friendly

be carefull with minimalist shoes, the majority are useless because they still have narrow toe boxes, the worst deformation are the toes not how thin the sole is, deformation of the toes is a bone deformation, the thin sole is only weakens the muscles tendons posture etc but can be cured much more easier, aslo flat fleet etc tend to be created trhough childhood

I work at home so get to go barefoot a lot. I do wear boots in the duck pen though. My toes were already deformed by shoes somewhat but are starting to spread out more now. I found at Church and at friend's houses if I bring a pair of socks and put them on at the front door people are fine with it. I think they are more afraid of toes than shoeless feet. I volunteer one day a week at a boat shop and they require shoes, so I put them on when I get there and take them off as I leave. I treat new places as an experiment and try shoeless to see if anyone reacts but often have minimalist sandals, socks or even shoes as back-up just in case. Places like the library and grocery stores have passed the barefoot test, so I have gotten more confident about trying other places. Depending on how confidant you are at a job interview or job review you might ask if you can work shoeless or in minimal sandals or something. They can always just say no but they might surprise you and say yes.
I would say I am fairly obsessional about being barefoot at this point. I'm sure my wife would agree with that!

All the best,
Scott

be careufull with the boots Scottie if they are narrow,

Martial arts instructor?

probably

Professional grape stomper in Napa or Sonoma California! The only problem is that the work would be seasonal and limited to artisan winemakers. But if you have a good palate and good feet, maybe you could become a winemaker of small specialty wines.

hahaha thats like the ultimate barefoot job lol

but i dont think they like that the worker go barefoot in streets because too dirty then

Be foot-proud! Don't let the judgement of others keep you from going out barefoot. However, I would admit that I worry what others think too but I like being out in the world without shoes. Some days I am obsessed with it and I don't give two hoots. In fact, I am hoping someone says or does something related to seeing me barefoot so I can share it here! But I live in Oakland CA where it's acceptable to be a little out-of-step with convention. Other days, I don't mind wearing shoes. Just make sure they are comfortable.

tell that to my subconciouss haha

my city is horrible about barefoot, most europe i think are against barefoot, there are no no shoes no service post here but is less widespread than in eeuu

My first year running barefoot I was obsessed, not anymore thankfully.

i dont consider being obsessed being a bad thing

I hate "having" to wear shoes at times because of my condition.