It seems there's suddenly a problem with my son's Run Club at school...

peacekaren

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
Evan is 6 years old. His school recently started a walk/run club for interested K-2nd graders. It's just 15 min, once a week before school starts. Evan loves it. (He runs in Merrel Trail Gloves.) Yesterday he told me there's suddenly a problem with run club. (uh oh) Evan is one of the fastest runners in the club and he likes it that way. However, this week 2 girls from his class joined the club and it turns out (gasp!) they're faster than him.

:D

Peace,
Karen

Reactions: jldeleon
Yup, girls at that age are typically ahead of the boys in many senses. Tell him to appreciate the competition and that he might catch up in 10 years or so (if they let him!) His first intro to fast women...

Reactions: Smelph
Tell him he will appreciate it more when he is older. I enjoy running with women more than men most of the times, better conversation. It seems the dicussions have no limits, makes me shake my head sometimes with the things that get talked about. :rolleyes:

Ha! JT, you crack me up!

Bob, it's good to know I'm not the only one with a running mouth. ;) I mean my mouth runs faster than my legs!

Reactions: jldeleon