Is the message getting through to my local running shop?

HairyBeast

Barefooters
Jul 19, 2011
Now they don't stock any minimalist shoes, and the assistants gave me odd looks when I went in there sans-shoes yesterday, but I think there is at least one closet barefooter... (sorry for the bad pic, it was a sunny day!)

Sorry you lack support from

Sorry you lack support from your local running community commercial manifestation. Just be a positive spirit and they'll come around eventually. They should be falling over themselves to bring you on board as a forerunner of things to come. (Pun intended.) You could offer to organize a BF / Min running meetup with them tied in as a sympathetic observer, at the least. Just do it with a smile and it can't hurt.

BTW, where are you in the UK? I have family connections to Salisbury.

That's hysterical.  Just

That's hysterical. Just point to the display and say, "Hey, I thought I would be welcome here."

I'm in London at the moment,

I'm in London at the moment, I'm living in the Fulham area for university, but normally I live in Hertfordshire (just north of London). Once I have more experience I will definitely try and organise a run with them, but as they are an established chain and not an independent shop I'm not holding out for any miracles.

I've been back for about 2 weeks so far and I've had a fellow runner (shod) high-five me while running in the opposite direction and also someone say that I was awesome for going barefoot in a supermarket. It turned out he was from Jamaica and used to run barefoot there, but finds England too cold, the rare moments of support you get barefooting are more than worth all the weird looks!

Positive remarks are very

Positive remarks are very healing indeed. Instead of the Merrell Down & Dirty taking place today, yesterday, I decided to run my club's 31st Classic 5K (over the 15K I've done previously), since I've been having a lot of nerve and inflammation problems lately, but mostly to run it with my son who is 9. One lady said to me, "Hey, I like your pedicure!" As we passed another lady, she yelled to me, "You are such an inspiration in your bare feet!" I yelled back to her, "I think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me about my running barefoot!" I had warm and fuzzies all day long.

Awwww. 

Awwww. :shy:

That's a crack up!  I noticed

That's a crack up! I noticed the same thing in the RunOn store I picked up my last race packet from. All the manniquens were barefoot, so...I walked in barefoot too! I was picking up a packet for a barefoot race, after all...

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts