Is it time?

Sareymal

Barefooters
Jul 4, 2016
Quincy, IL
I will assume the answer will be yes... but hear me out.

I started running in 2011 and by 2013 was wearing Altra Eve for my first half and full marathon. These were on the roads. I then started training for a tri, and ended up hurt. I transitioned back in to a more cushioned shoe, still zero drop Altra. Within the last month or so, I have worked my way back into a more minimal shoe, Skora. None of the little aches or pains have surfaced since I got back into them. I'm wondering if now is a good time to pull the trigger and go ahead and get sandals. And if I do, which ones? I have been doing some research, but would love feedback.

Thanks in advance!

I relearned how to run bare.

In time, I mixed in the Merrells, Vibram 5 fingers, Altras, Vivibarefoots, etc whenever I was headed off-road. Got hurt (I think from the Altras, but cannot be sure (a lot of things can happen in 50 miles.)

Still bare on the roads, but I've gone to the Luna pretty much exclusively for trail running. And I highly recommend them.

I like the Xero Shoes Z-trek for kick around town, and the occasional road run. But mostly on roads I'm still bare.

If you are looking for ground feel - go Xero, if you are looking for a sandal that will let your foot function (arch, splay, etc) but without the ground feel, go Luna.

I know there are others here that swear by some different sandals.... Opinions?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test