Is it socially unacceptable to go barechested?

Would you (men only) go barechested in hot weather at outdoors in public places?

• Yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No (this includes beach, pool and such swimming or sunbathing related places)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
um, what isn't? running bf or social etiquette?

At yesterday's race there were over 1500 runners, yet despite the 75 degree F temp with very high humidity I was the only one at the finish line/results posting/awards area that was hanging around shirtless. I had run in a tank top even though my bib was pinned to my shorts, but after crossing the mat I was just DYING to pull the sweat- soaked thing off. Granted, around half of the entrants were female, but you'd think a lot of the other guys were just as hot and sweaty and uncomfortable as I was, but you know, social etiquette and all that .....
I always think the same thing at the end of races regarding shoes and socks.
Two years ago four of us barefooters were hanging around enjoying free beer and pizza after a race that had over 17,000 participants, and despite the 85 degree temps and sun soaked park only a handful of runners felt comfortable enough to enjoy the live bands etc. while pulling off their shoes and socks even though they had just run 5K, 8K, or 10 miles!
Etiquette!

obviously their own insecurities. watching videos of Erwin LeCorre, he's always shirtless.

Reactions: Longboard
I was at a science conference a couple of years ago. Sitting in the audience for a talk, I pulled off my sandals and sat there barefoot. The next day, a friend came up and said, "I saw you in that talk, WITH YOUR SHOES OFF!!" I said, "Uh ... yeah ..." Wondered what exactly is the huge difference between sandals and bare feet.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test