Is Duct Tape Barefoot???

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Okay. So I have an open wound on my heel still. Sometimes it bothers me, sometimes not. A lot of my barefoot runs this year have been with a strip of duct tape over it. So if you have duct tape on part or all of your feet... are you barefoot? Is there a % threshold?

No real worries about it, I'm just curious what people think of this.

Do you consider duct tape

Do you consider duct tape protection for the foot? Did the duct tape grow from your body? Does it cover the whole foot or just the part of the heel thats bothering you?

I suppose it's partially barefoot and partially foot covering. I would say that it probably does impede sensory information to a degree in that part of the foot. I still would call it barefoot though assuming you aren't covering your whole foot with duct tape.

runner_mc wrote:What if you

runner_mc said:
What if you use "barefoot tape" in stead of duck tape?

That's pretty funny. I should market this. You cover your entire foot in it and you get a roll of it. $55 a roll.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
runner_mc said:
What if you use "barefoot tape" in stead of duck tape?

That's pretty funny. I should market this. You cover your entire foot in it and you get a roll of it. $55 a roll.

You're thinking small. How about $55 for a BF tape "kit". They get two 12" long strips of tape and two little pieces of yarn to tie over the foot so they can look like the BF tape that the Tarahumara run in. :)

This is where I draw the line

This is where I draw the line between barefoot and everything else. A band-aid or two or a couple of pieces of tape to cover up wounds are still barefoot but move beyond that and you're perilously close to wearing shoes. Also, anything involving duct tape is instantly awesome so no need to worry here. If you don't believe me, find my avatar at RW and you'll see.

You are barefoot everywhere

You are barefoot everywhere but there. Just like "barefoot shoes," call it what it really is. It's a band aid for cripes' sake. Who cares. Just run.

Maybe I'll try for a legal

Maybe I'll try for a legal opinion in a couple of weeks when I show up for jury duty.

Barefoot? "Barefoot" Shoes? Duct Tape? Just where will they draw the line?

I can see it now......."Judge, I demand that juror # 6 be disqualified, he's barefoot which is a violation of the

court's dress code!"

"No he's not, he's clearly wearing athletic footwear with socks"

"Your Honor, Merrel (or Nike, New Balance, Reebock, Sketcher...whatever) CLEARLY states that wearing these shoes is the EXACT same thing as being barefoot. I demand he be removed from the jury for violating the rules of conduct"

Now DUCT TAPE on the other hand...........

Well put, Board.

Well put, Board.

Your feet are clothed, the

Your feet are clothed, the rest of you is naked.

Just to clarify, I'm not

Just to clarify, I'm not concerned like I would change my behavior, I'm just curious. Unless I run Rocky with a strip or two of duct tape...

I wouldn't try running in

I wouldn't try running in duct tape, unless you have time to keep changing it out. It bunches, and the edges roll up. It's a pain in the butt. Not worth the effort. And if you get blisters underneath, then when you pull the tape off, you'll be pulling on the blisters.

If you cover the bottoms of your feet, then you are not bare of foot anymore. It doesn't matter how thin the huarache is, it's still a huarache. Right?

Be a man!!  Rub some dirt in

Be a man!! Rub some dirt in it and get out there, son!! Duct Tape is for Auto Repair!!!
davie.png

I'd classify you as Bare Foot(one foot is bare) or Barefoot* (*= barefoot down grade 90% credit)

I'm totally kidding! That's barefoot, Dude! We don't really run on our heels and I've seen barefooters whoes heels don't even touch! No support, no covering, no loss of sensation and feed back...

Brings me to a question I've been pondering. Let's say a guy has his foot blown off, shot off, looses it in a motorcycle crash, etc. If he runs with a barefoot and one of those "C" spring prosthetics, would you call him barefoot? I'd personally put him one level below Chuck Norris!! That's a bad dude, righ thur! Chuck Norris does not run barefoot...he pushes the world down and simultaniously spins it while not wearing shoes!

-Jonny

One layer of Duct tape =

One layer of Duct tape = barefoot

Two layers of Duct tape = hybrid

Three layers of Duct tape = minimally minimal

Four layers of Duct tape = minimal

Five layers of Duct tape = FAIL for wasting Duct tape.

Lol...I haven't tried duck

Lol...I haven't tried duck tape yet, only athletic tape . As for whether or not it is barefoot the answer is simple "no", you are "partially barefoot" :)

I do think it is high time someone makes a wearable and affordable duck tape shoe.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts