Is Anyone Running the 'Freeze Your Gizzard' 10km in International Falls, MN

Barefooting Bob

Chapter Presidents
Jul 18, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Just curious if anyone is running this race next month, Jan 15, usually a great time not only the run but all that leads up to it and after. I am going, and pending on weather hope to go barefoot. Last year it was above 0 celcius.

A couple of my friends do

A couple of my friends do that race every year. One of them does it in only shorts, a scarf, and a hat. I think barefooting the race may be possible, depending on the temp.

Let me know if you'll be in MN around that time. The MN chapter is planning a group run for that same day at around 2pm. You could skip the race and chill with us instead?

Saypay, the offer is

Saypay, the offer is tempting, how far is Minn./St. Paul from International Falls?

Anyway, still confirming if i am going right now, there is a Wellness Expo that I might be part of in Winnipeg that weekend, so I might have to miss International Falls.

Maybe next time, a little far

Maybe next time, a little far for a quick day trip. Considering the Minn. Marathon later this year (I think in May) as a possible though.

Minneapolis Marathon on June

Minneapolis Marathon on June 5, 2011. Twin Cities Marathon in October.

Another fun, but less known one closer to your house is the Walker North County on September 17, 2011 in Walker, MN (close to Bemidji).

Lots of fun reasons to make the trip!