Invisible shoe - Huaraches.

Ditto.

Ditto.

My feet are super sensitive

My feet are super sensitive because the nerves are messed up from having Morton's Neuroma for such a long time. Regardless, if I run barefoot I don't feel the knot underneath, and I don't have a cord rubbing between my toes. I've had two walks and two barefoot runs in the past few days, and I've had no extreme sole sensitivity.

Sorry to sound like such a poot.

I took my first run in the

I took my first run in the huaraches tonight, this is also the first time in almost 9 months that I had anything on my feet for running. My first impression was okay this stinks (not the huaraches) I have something on my feet and it felt totally strange, I knew I was running differently just by the way my calves were feeling. I ran 5 miles, so it took me about a mile or so to dial in and relax.

I was making alot of slapping noise in the beginning but I did get quieter but still enough noise to have people turning their heads wondering what the hell I was running in. I talked to Steven through email, and also really took in the post he wrote, and he makes total sense. Running/walking will take some practice in the huaraches, but I don't mind I love new things, and a challenge. I think walking in the huaraches can even correct the way you walk, the right way. So to be silent in huarches whether walking or running will be a test of good form. Just because I have been running barefoot for 15 months, still does not mean I am landing correctly, 15 months is a very short time for barefoot running anyways.

So I have to change my initial thought and say I am not overly upset how I sounded in my post, they will definitely grow on me. Plus these will be my new winter shoe, I just need to pick up some wool injinji socks and should be good to go in extreme winter weather.

So thanks Steven.

Oh and about the knot, I don't feel it at all, even when walking. Pound that sucker with hammer TJ.

Did you pound yours?

Did you pound yours?

Yeah, I think they definitely

Yeah, I think they definitely grow on you. I got mine, ran XC in them for a week, quit XC, and didn't put them back on for a month or two. Now I wear them for my walking shoes because I think my flip flops are messing with my form. The string between my toes still bugs a little bit every once in a while, but otherwise I actually think they're really comfortable. Tying them right is pretty tricky (as far as how tight they are), especially for running. They can be too loose and it doesn't make much of a difference when you're walking. I can walk in them silently now, but I haven't gotten it with running. I've actually only run in them once recently, just because I was coming home from swim practice and it was freezing cold, and I was too tired to deal with cold feet (my feet have yet to get cold wearing them, except when riding my bike). My form goes to crap if I have anything on my feet, so I don't really like running in them, but I'm sure I could work at it. I never had trouble with the knot on mine.

The really weird thing is that the first couple days I wore them to school everyone gave me crap about them, but now I get like 3 girls a day telling me how much they like them. I guess jeans help make them less obvious to would be crap givers, but the admirers? I dunno. Girls seem to have an odd reaction to being barefoot or in minimal shoes, must be an instinctive hate of high heels.