Introductions

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Abide, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

What’s up fellow Arizonans? I am the current organizer here at the Arizona chapter. Here is a quick introduction of myself. I have been running regularly for a few years, and barefoot for about 8-9 months. I’m a pretty slow runner, like beer and coffee, try to do crossfit and love hanging with the family. There are a couple of other things but that pretty much covers the important topics. Oh yeah, I live way out in the wild wild West Valley, and work in Phoenix.

I’m working on putting together some meet ups in the next couple of weeks so keep posted. Please feel free to introduce yourself and post questions or suggestions if you have any. I am excited to build our own little community of barefoot runners here in AZ. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. ChaoticMark

ChaoticMark
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

hey abide and fellow arizonans,

i've only recently begun running again after a number of years off. conventional heel striking was murder on my back but haven't had any probs with going barefoot.

like abide, i'm out in the west valley and spend most of my time running trail sin the white tanks.

i'm looking forward to the meetups and getting to know other barefooters.

3. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

Hey Mark, nice to meet you. How friendly are the trails in the White Tanks? I would love to dosome runs out there.Thenext few weeks I am sans famiy :( so I was keeping my eyes openfor some good trail running.

4. ChaoticMark

ChaoticMark
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

there are trails for any liking... some are broken and rocky while some are what i call "manicured" for wheelchair accessibility. that, plus the petroglyphs and beautiful terrain make it a fun place to run.

snakes are not uncommon. a couple weeks ago i actually stepped on one, almost stepped on another today. i've also come across some fat horny toads and, of course, lizards and other critters.

FYI, it costs $6 to get in to the park.

5. Chimney Duck

Chimney Duck
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

Howdy folks. It's me, Chimney Duck (or Chuck for short). I've been running minimalist and barefoot for about a year now out here in the middle of the desert about 12 miles SW of Maricopa or 40 miles SSW of Chandler. I also occasionally runs in the Ahwahtukee area of Phoenix during the week.

Currently I'm training for the Lost Dutchman Marathon. I ran (well some of it at least) it last year.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

Hey Chuck, glad your over here now. Wow look at that our AZmembership grew!

7. Arctic

Arctic
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Arizona -...

Hey, all

Just moved to the Arizona from MI, enjoying it here. I kind of lapsed on my running over the past 6 months, but am getting back into it. I'm now in Safford.

8. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

Hey Arctic, nice to have you here.

9. beachlife360

beachlife360
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

Hello everyone!

My name is Jon and I've been living in Phoenix for about 7 years now. I've always hated running but I love being bare foot so I've started putting two and two together and I'm liking the result. I go everywhere barefoot, every where I'm allowed at least and my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for it.

10. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

Hey Jon, what's up? Good to have you here. Do you run downtown by chance?

11. kicksock

kicksock
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

Hi folks!

Ijust joined this group a few days ago but have been running minimalist for a solid 2.5 years now. My overly detailed profile bio explains the rest. Ilive in N central Phoenix near 7th st and T-Bird and I run a lot on Trail 100 (Christiansen Trail) in the Phoenix Mtn. Preserve. So far I'm the only minimalist I've ever seen there. I've seen another BF guy several times running through the streets of my Moon Valley neigborhood but have never been in a position to be able to talk to him. I don't know where he's from. Is he one of you??

Andrew

12. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

Hey Andrew, nice to have you here. You running the RnR by chance next week?

13. kicksock

kicksock
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

No I'm not. The last marathon Iran was Boston 1999. That was only my 5th marathon and after that, Ikinda lost the desire. Back in those days I trained pretty seriously. Istill love running long, but currently, Ihaven't felt like training. I also realized Idon't like huge races that much anymore - must be what growing older does to you. The only race I have done the last 5 years has been the Moon Valley Grasshopper Bridge 5K which is conveniently in my own neighborhood. Iguess I've gotten relatively lazy! Are you running R & R?

14. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

That's the plan, although I may be walking it too. Iget what you are saying, this will probably me my last one fora while. The demands of training are too much for me right now.