Introduce Others To Barefoot Running At Races

lots of big things in store

lots of big things in store people. TJ has a major marketing mind and all i can see is how hard it's going to be for the rest of us to keep up
smile.png

I can't take all the credit

I can't take all the credit for our marketing skills. I think everyone on the board has contributed in huge ways to this. You guys don't want to be at our meetings (conference calls). There are six of us, and they take FOREVER! FOREVER I tell you! FOREVER! One meeting ran FOUR AND A HALF HOURS! They are well worth it though. We brainstorm everything and discuss it thoroughly. Some things get set aside (but not forgotten) and the priority stuff takes over. I'll never forget the first time we didn't have a unanimous vote. For awhile there, we had gone a few months thinking we were sextuplets separated at birth or something. There was complete silence...then all of a sudden, we realized it was our first time, and we were like, "YEAH!" Got that outta the way!" Ha, good times, good times. Seriously, these people are some of the greatest people I could ever hope to work with...and play with...and run with...barefoot. ;-) -TJ

I'd love cards to hand out! 

I'd love cards to hand out! Once settled in Korea, I might even be able to have something on them in Korean for those I can't converse with. I will also be looking into what kind of things are manufactured in the area and see if maybe we can get the prices down on a few things for BRS, like car magnets, t-shirts etc. Maybe something with the BRS logo for attaching timing chips to bare feet
light.gif

By the way, TJ, I'd love to help with the news letter, especially once I get settled after the move. I've never published a newsletter so I'm not up to doing all of it, but I'd like to learn and help what every brave, intrepid person offers to do it.
cheer.gif

That's great, Wendy!  Do you

That's great, Wendy! Do you have any desktop publishing software? I use publisher. You can get some half-price from www.academicsuperstore.com if you have a child in school...as you do. I will help you through the whole process of working on the newsletter. Let me know when you're ready to get started. Once the BRS starts bringing in some cash, I will be more than happy to pay you back for it. Shouldn't be too long, if we can get some merchandise sales and donations. Do you know we've decided to not charge for any of our resources at the BRS parent level? Announcement pending...

We are also needing a Merchandise Co-Chair to work with Haley. I have all kinds of ideas for BRS stuff. Cali is making some foot jewelry and anklets (footlets, I call them) we are going to sell. I want to have some little doggie collars silk-screened with our logo and/or bare feet walking all the way around and with a little BRS metal charm hanging off of it. Maybe our logo as a charm for a necklace? (That once just came to me.) I want to get some temporary tattoos with the Nike swoosh (altered of course), some fake shoe laces to place over the top of the feet, our logo, etc., for people to put on their feet. The BRS logo can be placed on the legs too. I am so full of ideas, I'm up all night thinking of this crazy stuff. I want to get our stickers, business cards, and pamphlets sorted out too. If you can help out with any of this, that would be wonderful.

Thank you.
wave.gif

TJ,I hope you don't mind,

TJ,

I hope you don't mind, but I've already had a car magnet made with the brs logo you sent me. I was having trouble at the first couple of meetings for the Kentucky Chapter telling who was at the park for a run with the club. I've posted a pic of it on the lexington barefoot running club facebook page, and I'll post it to the BRS facebook page as well for you to see.

I think cards are a great idea as well, but I'll hold off on that for now.

That is a wonderful idea,

That is a wonderful idea, Liz! Very smart. Good avertising too. Did it happen to have our URL on it? ;-) Can I ask how much that cost?

The magnet was $31 and it is

The magnet was $31 and it is 15"X8" which might sound small, but it's the perfect size for my durango! The company that made it for me was great. I uploaded the image as a pdf to their ftp site, and they took one business day to finish it.

Gulp, I feel like I just

Gulp, I feel like I just stepped in a puddle and found out it is a 100 ft deep sink hole, LOL.

I am totally clueless about desktop publishing, but I might be able to get a program from a neighbor of mine for free and start playing with it. What does a merchandising co-chair do? Like I said, I'm willing to learn, but you are working with a raw lump of clay here, I have very few actual skills to bring to the table :)

I'll email you to tell you

I'll email you to tell you more, Wendy. Thanks.

I am totally doing this. If

I am totally doing this.

If you guys aren't big into tech stuff, you can go to FedEx Kinkos and they will help you make up the business cards. You can get a whole box of them for around $15. That should be enough to last several BRS administrations.

I plug the BRS whenever I

I plug the BRS whenever I can. I have a few shirts with the logo on the front (any my logo on the back... it's a business expense :) )

I wear them to races, the gym, around the neighborhood... pretty much anywhere.

I also go to great lengths to mention the BRS in any communications I have with companies that may someday advertise with us.

If there's even a remote chance of appraing in any sort of media, I make sure I'm wearing the shirt. Sure, it's shameless promotion... but it's getting the word out.

A few days ago a co-worker

A few days ago a co-worker told me about a friend of his he met in a dance class who runs barefoot and in huaraches. I facebooked her and mentioned this place. As soon as I hit enter I checked her profile and she had posted that she is heading up the SoCal group here. WTF kinda small world is this?

Actually, Shacky, I learned

Actually, Shacky, I learned about her (LindsayP) through your post here a few days ago. I've been looking for someone to head up southern California, so when you mentioned her, she seemed like my kinda people. I sent her our interview questions, I liked the fact that she enjoys running in huaraches and was able to complete a full marathon in them, so wah-la!

California will be the first state to be physically split. Still working on the small details, but in a few days, you will be in the San Diego or California - South Chapter. ;-)

I was also surprised to have

I was also surprised to have Glen get in touch with me this weekend and I mentioned BRS to him and he says he'd already been in contact with someone here.

(Glen is the guy who did the newspaper article with me a few months back)

SoCal is moving on up!

Now, Glen I am unfamiliar

Now, Glen I am unfamiliar with...I think...maybe...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test