Interviewed again by local paper. Fail # 2 for the Oregonian.

jeez, you guys haven't spent

jeez, you guys haven't spent as much time with me as you've thought. i'm that cranky now! that was me toning it down to not turn off everyone, which i can do easily. it's part of why i'm so quite. i'm too much of a smart ass.

Mike

[]FYI the Oregonian is well

[]

FYI the Oregonian is well known in Portland for aggressively moderating comments on its web site

[/]

It's possible that the designated comment moderator is the article's author, as possibly hinted by her follow-up's: "I quickly learned the topic remains highly controversial." (that is, she may have seen, and didn't approve, most of the comments)

I doubt she's the moderator. 

I doubt she's the moderator. To her credit, she's a journalist trying to do the right thing. It's my feeling that she wanted to write a fair article but was steered off course due to her own BF preconceived notions as well as the "guidance" she got from some real lame @$$ podiatrists.

Also, the article is all hers but the editors are responsible for the title and photo. Of course, they take their cues from the article.

I'm ticked that they won't

I'm ticked that they won't post my comments and Stomper's comments. I should put it all right here on the home page of the BRS, just to let everyone in the BFR community know how BS this really is. The news shall become the news. Stomper, did you keep a copy of your comments anywhere, by chance?

Okay, here's my latest post,

Okay, here's my latest post, which stuck:

And still my comments have not been posted. What gives O? Don't believe in freedom of the press anymore, except as you see it? Prove me wrong, otherwise, everyone reading this will know you are slanting the story and are not "fairly" and "unbiasedly" reporting the news.

The Oregonian is a very

The Oregonian is a very strange paper, so it's hard to make any broad conclusions. Could be their software system. Could be their very strange moderating policies (which Portlanders have noticed about other kinds of stories too). They've let some of their best reporters go -- it's all a mess! I'm gonna let it go.

On the other hand now that I know migangelo's true nature as a curmudgeon I'll have to buy him a running tutu and a nosegay of gerber daisies. :)

Let it go?  Hmmmm.  That may

Let it go? Hmmmm. That may be difficult for me, but I will consider it too. ;-)

It could be their software

It could be their software program. I did try to post my comments in paragraphs, to cut down on the text, but it still didn't take. I noticed some of the others were about the same length as mine though.

not wearing a tutu. what's a

not wearing a tutu. what's a nosegerber?

TJ, yeah let it go. relax at all times in life, not just when running.

Mike

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts