International Barefoot Running Day™ - Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paleo

Barefooters
Oct 14, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Visit http://TheBarefootRunners.org/IBRD (or the IBRD tab above--under construction) for the latest info on this international event, for info on how to get your event started, and to find an event local to you.

Join in the fun for this great international event!

On Sunday, 6 May 2011, barefoot runners will hit the roads the world over in a collective display of natural running. These will be fun runs of 1km, 5km, or maybe 10 Km.

Proudly sponsored by the Barefoot Runners Society, the event is truly international, with many countries planning to represent. We expect as many as several thousand runners worldwide. We will also be reaching out to other barefoot and running organizations, as well as inviting the press.

Our goal: A critical mass event to create awareness for BFR and to show the world just how much fun it can be.

Mark your Calendar!

Start time: All Day! As organized by the local chapters (see FAQ, below).

Locations: Everywhere! As organized by local chapters. (See TheBarefootRunners.org/IBRD -- under construction).

Distances: Fun runs of 1km and 5km. Some locations may do other distances as well.

Many of the local chapter admins have already offered up their support (Thanks!). We will post the important details to this Forum thread.

We will also be running a t-shirt contest for the event and then selling the t-shirts via the BRS website to raise funds for the BRS and bring awareness to IBRD™. Check back for details or visit Click for Official IBRDTee Shirt Contest.

If you are willing to help in your area, Click for Information on how to get started and get your event noticed (it won't require more than an hour or two of your time).

To set up a meeting place in your area, Click for IBRDEvent Form. (BRS membership required. You MUST be logged in to post your event.)

For more information, Click for FAQs for Local Event Organizers.

If you want to become involved in organizing a local event, please join the International Chapter International Chapter, and send your contact info to Paleo at [email protected].

This is such a great idea

This is such a great idea that we are trying to have one of our events land on May 6th this year!

Thanks for all of the hard work organizing.

Scott and Lauren Jones

www.thenakedfoot5k.com

I thought someone here

I thought someone here already said you all had one on May 6. Wish I could remember the thread.

I found the note about The

I found the note about The Naked Foot's IBRD event. It was in an email from Ken Bob to you, me, and some others. It read: May 6th: Washington DC - Naked Foot 5K (Scott and Lauren Jones)

Is this going on?

No problem.  Perhaps you'll

No problem. Perhaps you'll get another event going.

Remember, an Event doesn't

Remember, an Event doesn't have to be a big thing with lot's of bells and whistles and timing and stuff. A successful IBRD Event can also just be a casual session where a group (big or small) gets together for a little running.

Cheers

Paleo

I would love to do something

I would love to do something here in Louisiana! I'm not really sure there is a very high demand, I see a few vff at races but no other completely bare runners. I have no Idea how to begin helping though. I really would love to help organize something if anyone can give me an idea of how to start...

We'd love for you to head

We'd love for you to head something up, or at least help the current chapter president get something going in LA. Did you recently turn 18, Ash?

I recently turned 30! I have

I recently turned 30! I have an 8 year old and a 7 year old. I know my lingo can make me sound young via text, just consider me young at heart. I looked at souls4shoes and it is very far away. I found hugs louisiana though (help us give shoes) People still need shoes for school and work I suppose. My daughter is in the running club at her school and they organize events frequently so I think I am going to hit them up for advice. I doubt there will be a lot of people, I'm hoping to squish together 30ish. I'm just not sure how getting the shirts and such works. People don't pay to race right, just for their shirt if they want one? I can't seem to find the current chapter president.

My bad.  My apologies.  I

My bad. My apologies. I could have sworn you were the one who contacted us about setting up a chapter in your area.

Did you click on the Chapter President's email and/or PM icon from within his profile to try to contact him that way?

I did, It doesn't look as if

I did, It doesn't look as if he has had any activity on here since october, but I could be mistaken. I do tend to be very impatient. I will keep trying. If I didn't live in the MIDDLE OF NOWEHERE I might consider starting up a group. About How much are the shirts going to be? I would like to kinda start swirling around some info to people I know.

I'll have KittyK talk to the

I'll have KittyK talk to the Chapter President about his being inactive, and decide what to do from there. Check out the Store link above. The shirts will basically be the same as the BRS shirts being sold there. We will know more once the tee shirt contest gets underway.

If you would like to get

If you would like to get something going in your area for IBRD, please contact Jamie at [email protected]. He can help you get started. But first, be sure to check out all the links under the IBRD tab above. It will answer most if not all of your questions. Thanks for helping out in your area.

Hi All,I just wanted to pipe

Hi All,

I just wanted to pipe in here to encourage you, Ashley, (and the others) to consider hosting a IBRD event. Even if it is just a couple of people, that counts as a success. Heck, last year here in Germany we had 3 people and a dog run together in Munich--and it added up to 8 bare feet (one of the humans ran with shoes). As the brain child of IBRD, I ended up running alone, since business travel got in the way.

We're aiming to have all 50 US states this year, and to double the number of countries, so we definitely need a LA event.

I think the idea of a charity run is a great one. There are lots things besides shoes that could be donated--clothing, cans of soup, money.

So, if you are interested, please check out the IBRD page: barefootrunners.org/IBRD. If you have any further questions just PM me or write to [email protected].

Cheers

Paleo

P.S. I don't want to be a party pooper to your very interesting discussion, but this thread should try to stay focussed on IBRD. Thanks!

I was feeling bad about the

I was feeling bad about the hijack. I am planning on talking to a state park here about maybe allowing us to run there. I figure that way traffic isn't an issue. They have very nice trails. I'm excited to try to do this. I was hoping to get together some informative flyers for anyone who comes who might just be curious. Just basic how to start safely, what the benefits are kind of stuff.

That sounds perfect, Ash. 

That sounds perfect, Ash. And running in a state park will be beautiful. Might even draw more interest. Be sure to check out those IBRD links and add your event to the list once you're ready. Also, when the time comes, a mini report and some pictures of your event would be great. Thanks!