International Barefoot Running Day™ (IBRD™)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Ken Hopes, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Ken Hopes

Ken Hopes Chapter Presidents
    1. Arizona -...

International Barefoot Running Day™ is coming up soon on Sunday, May 3rd. As Phoenix, Arizona Chapter President, I would like to organize an informal barefoot fun run in the area on that date. Those who prefer to wear minimalist footwear will be welcome as well. I’m thinking of having it at ASU’s main campus in Tempe. I had a very enjoyable experience running barefoot there late this afternoon (read about it here), and there is free visitor parking on the weekends. Suggestions are welcome. I will post something definite in mid-April.
    Please consider using this site to meet up with others for barefoot runs in your area. You can let other chapter members know where you are going to be running barefoot. Even if nobody shows up to join you, people are looking at these posts and can learn of good places to run barefoot. Lately I’ve been doing barefoot runs of around three miles Sunday evenings at Glendale Community College.

Also, as our special day approaches, think about creative ways you can educate others about the benefits of barefoot running.

paulbeales and Barefoot TJ like this.
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Having lunch after your meetup is a nice way to get to know each other better too. We do that in the Georgia Chapter, and it's been nice.

paulbeales likes this.