Interesting bfr article

Thanks for sharing here, NR!

Thanks for sharing here, NR!

This "news story" is a press

This "news story" is a press release from the American Osteopathic Association. Sometimes papers pick these kind of things up as free filler.

What I find interesting here is that the Osteopathic Association's PR office decided to send this out. Maybe they feel like being a bit more ahead of the curve than, say, most podiatrists? :)

So I'm only a few words into

So I'm only a few words into the article and I notice one thing that seems to be common in just about every one of these stories I've read: new research and the popularity of "five finger" shoes—a minimalist shoe that fits the foot like a glove—

I'm wondering if Vibram was counting on all this free publicity or if they're paying off doctors? I haven't been doing this long, but everything I've read so far seems to start out this way.

I think it's just a way to

I think it's just a way to get people to connect with the article, Jeepmonkey. VFFs have become popular (or controversial) enough that a lot of people have at least seen or heard of them, and introducing the article with them can get some people's attention and draw them into the meat of the article. The article doesn't seem to totally equate VFFs to actual barefoot running, based on the cons they listed.

I love it that I used to get

I love it that I used to get odd, inquisitive looks from some of my fellow shod running club members, but now a couple more of them are wearing them. (I don't know if they've attempted running in them yet.) I'm all, "Yeah, I'm the trend setter! Ptttth!"