Indoor rock Climbing

If anyone has any updates on this, I would be interested. Are there any 5-fingered shoes with better rubberising? I live round the corner from a climbing centre and have not used it for fear of squashing my feet.
Thanks

My rock climbing gym does not allow barefoot climbing (I was even offering them to sign a waiver, did not help).
So I have been happily using my Vibrams KSOs, so far so good.
I have been able to climb whatever up to class 5.9 in them.
If I go on a tougher route the foot holds are too small and I need to switch to my real climbing shoes.
I do not like them because they squish my feet so as a compromise I rarely go on 5.10 and above.

Reactions: Sid
Did lots of climbing in younger times! A 5.10C was all I could muster. Wore a pair of Boreal Ballets about 2.5 sizes smaller than my shoe size. Try lead climbing for a real good time!

Yes exactly. Different terms for the same thing.
The official term for a face/head first rappel is "Tactical Rapelling" designed so you can shoot back at people who might be shooting at you as you descend. For people who aren't on a SWAT team or in the special forces, it's generally referred to as "Stupid".
;)
Rappelling face down is actually called "Australian rappelling." Long before anyone called anything "tactical" climbers were getting down rocks this way.