Increasing distance? Thoughts please Australia

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Highlander11, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Neil_D

Neil_D
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

People all told me it was impossible to rebuild your running form but like so many things people know less than they think.
    Running barefoot or sometimes in my vibrams just feels natural to me, it would seem odd to be running with great wedges of rubber beneath my feet.
    I have found my sensitivity to the colder weather has reduced from the early years. It is harder running on surfaces 8C over 30C so you have to be selective of which surfaces to run on (black in the winter and white concrete in the summer).
    I did have this strange incident a couple of weeks ago running 12km on a cold but sunny winters day. I had run around 8km and my feet were numb on the forefoot pads and I got this sensation that I had a big blister on my foot, it felt cushioned and raised off the ground.
    I panicked at first thinking it was some kind of cold burn but when I stopped and felt the underside of my foot it was fine, cold but fine. Obviously the numbness had the same sensation as running on a large blister.

Neil

2. Jaqa

Jaqa
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

I struggle with finding rough pavement here, but this week this https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/...ure-warning-gross-pictures.19633/#post-182935 has helped remind me of good technique. Been feeling rather tender. Proceed with caution!

3. Highlander11

Highlander11
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

Th
    Thank you for that, I quite agree. I find it easier on rougher terrain. Although I am struggling with constant calf fatigue on the left for a change. Dry needling and physio hasn't done a thing. I need to commit to a proper training regime that includes increasing flexibility and strength in the calves...until then, I'm struggling to plod more than a couple of km before struggling to continue.
    Truly appreciate your feedback. Keeping as barefoot as possibly whilst I try and regain some proper form
    Cheers Kalipyjamas!