IN/New Palestine - Monthly Meeting

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by BooMac, Dec 14, 2011.

1. BooMac

BooMac
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Indiana

Date: Sat 01/21/12 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST
    Link: First monthly meeting

I am recently the president of the Indiana chapter here, so as the new guy.

I want to go ahead and try to get started with the first of monthly meets for our chapter; at South Eastway Park just outside Indianapolis. Probably be the 3rd. Saturday and same time although the venue may change.

Date and time:

Saturday Jan 21 at 10:00 Am till 1:00.

There are Porto lets and picnic areas. Drinking fountains may not be on, and weather is always questionable this time of year but I will be there. Of course one great thing about it is the park is 100% free and has both earthen trails and paved. approx 3k paved and 1-1/2 mile earthen path. (see attached photos) Some local cross country teams train there.

Southeatway Park is at:

5624 South Carroll Road

New Palestine, IN 46163

http://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/DPR/Parks/List/Pages/SoutheastwayPark.aspx

Please please let me know if you have any ideas about other activities and locations. I have heard no other suggestions so rather than not start we will start here.

I want to hold free clinics if you have any interest in that type of event anywhere in the state.

Feel free to contact me at coffaroma@uindy.edu

Hope to see you there and I really do love my barefoot runs.

Michael

P.S. just because I don't mind getting muddy doesn'tm mean you need to. I just wanted to underline the fact that there are truly earthen trails there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature