Impressive Feet: Sonny Molina, Barefoot World Record Setter

SonnyMolina.jpg

Impressive Feet
By Woodstock Independent

Currently the holder of five titles in the Guinness World Records, Woodstock resident Salacnib “Sonny” Molina attempted last week to claim a sixth.

Surrounded by family and friends at Snap Fitness, 1400 N. Seminary Ave., Molina set the course on which he hoped to walk barefoot into the pages of history – a course paved with Lego bricks.

Molina is an experienced barefoot runner.

“I started barefoot running seven years ago,” Molina said. “My feet hurt before, and when I ran barefoot, my pain was gone.”

But as a man who defines himself by his determination, Molina began breaking records in 2016, setting three that year: most half marathons completed in a month by a male (17), most barefoot half marathons run on consecutive days by a male (11), and most barefoot half marathons completed in a month by a male (17).

He quickly followed that up by most consecutive days to run an official marathon barefoot by a male (11) in 2018 and most ultra marathons completed in a month by a male (4) in 2019. To continue reading, please visit: https://www.thewoodstockindependent.com/2019/11/impressive-feet/

Impressive Feet
Woodstock Independent
Molina is an experienced barefoot runner. “I started

Wow they have records for everything!
I have always found that it is easier running on stony ground of there is some 'give' in the surface, ie if they stones can move. Its harder when I'm running on say concrete and suddenly come across stones that won't move much when I stand on them.
Lego bricks can be pretty sharp cornered so it would be hard when they jab into the soft areas of your arch.
Well done in clinching the record.

Neil

Reactions: Barefoot TJ