Immodium and Beer

Lomad wrote: Locally,

Lomad said:
Locally, Laurelwood Brewing is a favorite, but you can't swing a stick here in the Portland without hitting a brewery with SOMETHING good in the mix.

Full Sail Session black lager is a good one, too.

I will have to try that Full Sail. I love how we have so many good local breweries. We are so spoiled! :bigsmile:

Lomad wrote:Never been much

Lomad said:
Never been much of a nIPA guy myself, I mostly stick to Porters, Stouts and Red Ales. The resurgence of Black IPA, on the other hand, I do like. the malty goodness cuts through the hops a little bit for a nice balance.Locally, Laurelwood Brewing is a favorite, but you can't swing a stick here in the Portland without hitting a brewery with SOMETHING good in the mix. Full Sail Session black lager is a good one, too.
I like...well beer...really. Seriously. I'll try them all. I drink a lot of IPAs but I like the chocolatey stouts and heavy porters as well. And on the other end of the spectrum I'll even drink a PBR after a run or race cuz its my blue ribbon. (my husband got me started on that tradition, ha!) My other tradition (since I started running stupid miles) is to bring my "happy hour" which I'll have a mile our two before the finish line.

Running is something I don't do a whole lor of anymore (except for my races) so when I do run I celebrate. :)

zapmamak wrote:Lomad

zapmamak said:
Lomad said:
Never been much of a nIPA guy myself, I mostly stick to Porters, Stouts and Red Ales. The resurgence of Black IPA, on the other hand, I do like. the malty goodness cuts through the hops a little bit for a nice balance.Locally, Laurelwood Brewing is a favorite, but you can't swing a stick here in the Portland without hitting a brewery with SOMETHING good in the mix. Full Sail Session black lager is a good one, too.
. I like...well beer...really. Seriously. I'll try them all. I drink a lot of IPAs but I like the chocolatey stouts and heavy porters as well. And on the other end of the spectrum I'll even drink a PBR after a run or race cuz its my blue ribbon. (my husband got me started on that tradition, ha!) My other tradition (since I started running stupid miles) is to bring my "happy hour" which I'll have a mile our two before the finish line. Running is something I don't do a whole lor of anymore (except for my races) so when I do run I celebrate. :)

I like the "blue ribbon" approach and enjoy the occasional PBR myself. We used to take it on mountain bike rides. I've come to appreciate IPA more since moving out here, but some are just over-hopped for my taste.

Being from the South originally I have this weird affiinity for canned beer so my favorite thing lately has been the rise in craft-brewed canned beer (Dale's ales - Mama's little yella Pils is my fave summer beer; Caldera brewing, and 21st Amendment brewing all make killer beer in a can). I'd love to start brewing, but space and time constraints have that on hold for now.

My immodium days are long

My immodium days are long over. I dumped dairy and rarely eat deep fried food and voila!

Oh! So before the ultra I had

Oh! So before the ultra I had mexican food and 5 beers. Then 1 immodium before the race. Never needed to do anything and felt great as far as that goes. So I think it is okay.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test