Immodium and Beer

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Zap,

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Zap, if I was not happily married and odd looking as well as socially awkward, and a long way from you... you might be the girl of my dreams. A girl who drinks beer and runs ultras?! Awesomeness. And you can talk about diahrea. Great stuff.I am on beer 2 of Sierra Nevada IPA. Man. I want a 3rd...
Haha! Dude! You made me blush! Very sweet of you... and speaking of Sierra Nevada IPA - there's a Torpedo in my fridge just waiting for me. Heehee!

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Zap,

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Zap, if I was not happily married and odd looking as well as socially awkward, and a long way from you... you might be the girl of my dreams. A girl who drinks beer and runs ultras?! Awesomeness. And you can talk about diahrea. Great stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, you talked me into a

Okay, you talked me into a 3rd. If this results in some sort of nastiness in my run with Chaser in the morning, I will exact revenge for all moderators everywhere! lol.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Okay, you talked me into a 3rd. If this results in some sort of nastiness in my run with Chaser in the morning, I will exact revenge for all moderators everywhere! lol.

Easy on the moderators, it a tough gig keeping up with all you guys. ;-)

Moderators?!  What did we

Moderators?! What did we do?!

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Okay,

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
You'll have to keep us posted how the 3 beers works for ya. Gotta love the carb loading...

Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ said:
Moderators?! What did we do?!

Doh! I was saying I would get revenge on him for you (with gas). I had a 4th. Made me fall asleep fast. Stomach is making some odd noises but should be fine. Should be a good day of running then going to the zoo.

Oh, please, GAS HIM!

Oh, please, GAS HIM!

I thought I'd have more.

I thought I'd have more. After one very liquidy empyting of the system, all was good. He did get harassed about the bare feet quite a few times. Lots of people asking "how do you do that?" and he'd respond "how do YOU do that?" it was pretty funny,

Sorry Ramzev and NSDR, yes

Sorry Ramzev and NSDR, yes that line came out wrong and I wish I could take I back. I was just trying to offer my opinion.

Ramzev wrote:

Sorry, I just read the post again and I have to say this line really ticks me off. Take time to feed your family? really? Did you really tell the man to take time to feed his family better? You have got to be freaking kidding me.

Get off your high horses and meet some real people. Fast food free for 7 years? good for you, who freakin cares when you spew crap like this.

rickwhitelaw wrote:Sorry

rickwhitelaw said:
Sorry Ramzev and NSDR, yes that line came out wrong and I wish I could take I back. I was just trying to offer my opinion.

Ramzev wrote:

Sorry, I just read the post again and I have to say this line really ticks me off. Take time to feed your family? really? Did you really tell the man to take time to feed his family better? You have got to be freaking kidding me.

Get off your high horses and meet some real people. Fast food free for 7 years? good for you, who freakin cares when you spew crap like this.

No worries from me. I was going to leave that argument alone. I see Ramzev's point and I also understand we all say things via forms, text, e-mail that come out different than we intended.

I am still probably a diet moderate. We try to eat healthy, but we don't fret a lot about it and have the occasional fast foor or ice cream. But it is becoming more and more rare.

TO sum the point of this post up though, my stomach did much better this week. I think it was the McDonalds for sure. I had more beer this week than last. After one dump I was good to go.

I also think with beer, good microbrew beer does less of a number than crap beer like Miller.

NSDR,I really did not mean

NSDR,

I really did not mean anything personal about that comment. I have just had some bad history with fast food, so several of my posts have come out wrong. I also did not mean for "7 years fast food free" to be boastful or trying to push anything on anybody, it was just a personal choice. Please see my "Rookie poster - need advice" thread.

And I forgot to comment on beer. I love Sierra Nevada anything. The IPA's are great. I can usually have 2 the night before with no problems.

Rick

I guess I may also have

I guess I may also have come across harsh. One of those fd up days and I was listening to As I Lay Dying so anything was possible. Iwas too harsh and should have asked for clarification before lashing out. My bad, apologies.

Cheers.
beer.png

Someone is going to have to

Someone is going to have to start a beer thread. A German Hefeweizen is my favorite beer, but you have to go to Germany to get the best ones. The imports are good, but not quite the same. The American versions of wheat beers are just not as good. Haven't acquired a taste for the Belgian whites yet.

IPA's (Increased Percentage of Alcohol) can give headaches, especially in a 9,500 ft. elevation ski lodge.

I have found some IPAs give

I have found some IPAs give me more of a headache than others. Rahrs does for sure, but Torpedo does not and I don't think the alcohol is that different.

I think I am gonna cut a little back though. My worst problem is that my wife falls asleep at like 8 or 9 and then I'm up another few hours so I start cracking them open and watching guy shows... It really is all her fault.

My love right now is St. Arnold's Winter Stout.

Torpedo is 7.2% and SN calls

Torpedo is 7.2% and SN calls it an "Extra" IPA.

Not sure if they are considering it a double IPA or what, but 7.2 is getting up there.

Maybe try a lightly hopped strong ale and see what that does to your head......possibly you are reacting to the huge amount of hops that define the India Pale Ale style rather than the alcohol.

Many people are surprised to learn how low in alcohol the malty lesser hopped beers are.

Folks used to drinking a Bud find it hard to believe that Guiness is both lower in calories as well as alcohol than their trusty lager is. (Guiness is actually closer in calories and alcohol % to Bud Light than it is to Bud!)

That's pretty interesting

That's pretty interesting Board about the calories and alcohol %. I've always had a problem with IPA's giving me headaches, although I never let it stop me from drinking them. We have a lot of good IPA's and microbrews here so just because I get headaches from it doesn't mean I'm going to give up all these great beers.
drunk.png
:drunk:

Never been much of a nIPA guy

Never been much of a nIPA guy myself, I mostly stick to Porters, Stouts and Red Ales. The resurgence of Black IPA, on the other hand, I do like. the malty goodness cuts through the hops a little bit for a nice balance.

Locally, Laurelwood Brewing is a favorite, but you can't swing a stick here in the Portland without hitting a brewery with SOMETHING good in the mix.

Full Sail Session black lager is a good one, too.