I'm sobbing like a baby!

The office staff took me to lunch, and I ordered a Heineken .

Blech :p even worse than Bud. At least in the flavor dept. I think the product itself is probably a higher quality. It's just nasty. Like Becks. Or Löwenbräu ... brrrr

The thing that really sets me off (or, A thing anyway) is huge, huge corporations with bottomless barrels of marketing budget, that produce absolute garbage (Nestle, Kraft, General Foods, every restaurant chain in existence, etc...) and get away with selling it, marketing it, as food. How is this allowed???

Budweiser isn't beer at all. It's a chemical-concoction full of artificial ingredients and created in a process that has nothing to do with brewing. And then it's concentrated through some other weird science, trucked to bottling plants, reconstituted, canned/bottled, and trucked back out to distributors... That's why commercials like the one above really get under my skin.

Reactions: NickW
And they use some rice as a cheaper substitute for barley! Next thing you know they'll be promoting Bud as "Low Gluten".

Reactions: BFwillie_g
Blech :p even worse than Bud. At least in the flavor dept. I think the product itself is probably a higher quality. It's just nasty. Like Becks. Or Löwenbräu .

LOL! It was more of a statement than a preference. I am partial to 16yr Lagavulin Single Malt over beer, any beer, even my own. I just can't afford to drink it like beer.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
I still don't get skunky green bottle beer. I'd take a Bud over it any time. Maybe in The Netherlands they don't have enough sunlight to mess with the hops, but by the time it reaches retailers in the U.S. any time I imbibe I want to wash it down with even a Select 55!
Loved and craved it back in the day while visiting Amsterdam, but still not clear if it was the un-adulterated freshness of the brew's limited exposures to UV rays, or my repeated exposure to ubiquitous innocent whiffs of street legal herb.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts