I'm sobbing like a baby!

Reactions: NickW
Maybe lee prefers the old one, that way he can continue pretending she is a squirrel or chipmunk or whatever it is he thinks us internet peoples are.

Nick, I don't think he's reading this thread so I just might get away.

Just reminded me of the horse meat being palmed off as beef here in the U.K. by big brand food chains. Buy a beef lasagne and get ground up Mr.Ed instead. One product was found to contain 100% Shergar.:eek:

Back in the old RWBF days I used to think Dama was a 6'1" volleyball playing African American.
I think it was based on a different photo she had posted showing off her jewelry in a thread devoted to pics..
You still have that one Dama? I'd hate to pay a visit to that other place to dig it up.

Back in the old RWBF days I used to think Dama was a 6'1" volleyball playing African American.
I think it was based on a different photo she had posted showing off her jewelry in a thread devoted to pics..
You still have that one Dama? I'd hate to pay a visit to that other place to dig it up.

I'll find it in a little bit later Board.

This one?

0fa5348b-a78e-4574-8199-71b2822f4bf4_Medium.jpg

Yeah that's the one! Size 13's.

Reactions: Sid
Just reminded me of the horse meat being palmed off as beef here in the U.K. by big brand food chains. Buy a beef lasagne and get ground up Mr.Ed instead. One product was found to contain 100% Shergar.:eek:

WHAT?

Yeah I used to think the avitar was a 13 as well!
Good thing I read the RR's from the Des Moines Marathon and half from Angie B and you before meeting in Grand Rapids........Otherwise I may have accused you of being an imposter!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
There's no doubt Miss Dama has beautiful feet, but I love seeing her face in her avatar for a change. It's a nice change too.

Yup, it's true, and all over the news at the moment, and it's not just one obscure dodgy food distributor, it's a number of well established high street brands. I'm just glad I don't eat that sort of processed junk where this sort of stuff can hide.

Stuff like that make me glad that I'm a vegetarian.

Yeah, I got a little weepy, too...

What I find interesting is the fact that Budweiser feels they need to advertise. I mean, who hasn't heard of Budweiser? If you like it, you've bought it already and if you don't have any either a) you're out and will buy more, or b) you don't like it.

I worked for Anheuser-Busch Corporate Engineering back in the early 90's (that's where I learned how to brew beer) and the same question was asked of August Busch III back then. His reply was along the lines that he knew that it probably wouldn't sell any more beer, but it kept up the image of Budweiser as being wholly American, more of a "favorite son" status, besides that everyone loves the Clydesdales. Times have changed, but AB is still the favorite of middle America, and they still have the lion's share of the market, and everyone still loves the Clydesdales.

Reactions: Sid
I freaking hate Buttwiper and am not impressed with anything their exploitative marketing firms come up with.

But I love the horsey anyway <sniff>

Yeah, Budweiser is as common as water to Anheuser-Busch. So common, in fact, that every month when we got our two free cases of beer, we could have four cases if we chose Bud. I used it for barter with friends, relatives, and neighbors. I had my house watched (and painted), yard taken care of, my car washed (including some body work), my boat maintained, even my trash taken out, all for beer, and it was all free for me.

I remember my last day with them (almost 16 yrs ago, now). The office staff took me to lunch, and I ordered a Heineken (what I now call "skunk beer"), not a Bud like everyone else (rememeber these were the days when craft brews weren't widely available). I got a ration of crap about "not knowing who butters my bread". I had to remind them that it was my last day with the company and I would drink what I like (I hate Bud too). The last thing I said to them all was "I guess it's Miller time." I have friends that still work there, and I still get bennies from time to time, like Busch Gardens tickets, and such.

Maker's Mark waters down their bourbon. True. Saw it on the news this morning. Ha! They said they did it to meet demand. Hahahaha!

Screw free beer! Jack Daniels gives away bottles to their employees.

I worked at Philip Morris (Marlboro) for a short while, cough, cough, and they had cigarette machines (this was long ago, mind you), cough, cough, that dispensed packs of smokes, cough, cough, without even charging for them! Just walk right up and pull the knob! cough, cough!!!!

Everyone sat around at their desks smoking away. The place was, well, sssssmmmmooookay! (as Jim Carrey would say).

The execs had lots of Marlboro paraphernalia all around their offices. I bet that stuff would be worth a bunch of money today.

I wonder what their health plan was like.

I wonder if there were any clauses for "smokers."

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts