Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
2013 Super Bowl Budweiser commercial

Sing it, Stevie!

Reactions: Sid
Yeah, I got a little weepy, too...

What I find interesting is the fact that Budweiser feels they need to advertise. I mean, who hasn't heard of Budweiser? If you like it, you've bought it already and if you don't have any either a) you're out and will buy more, or b) you don't like it.

Reactions: BFwillie_g and Sid

What I find interesting is the fact that Budweiser feels they need to advertise. I mean, who hasn't heard of Budweiser? If you like it, you've bought it already and if you don't have any either a) you're out and will buy more, or b) you don't like it.
I'm in the B category. I like my microbrews. Going back to a Bud or Bud light after that sucks... Oh, and I thought you were a pirate? Pirates don't weep. Not even a little. Big baby. :D

Hee, hee, hee, Big Baby, hee. sigh.

I think Budweiser does it because it's like a tradition, and we have come to expect it from them.

I'm no marketing expert, however companies always need to market. There are always new customers to tap to increase profits and stock price. Looking at that commercial, a few things come to mind.

It's highly accessible, it's not about a bunch of guys drinking beer and watching football. Women and even children can relate to the ad. They're definitely marketing to women, which is an untapped demographic. I first heard about the commercial on Monday at work, where a highly intelligent lady with 2 doctorates was just gushing about the ad and encouraging everyone to watch it. The sappy Stevie Nicks song gives it away that's meant for women.

Also, are they marketing to children? Maybe, but probably no one can prove it. Ask any kid about the Clydesdales and they probably know about them, and girls especially love ponies. Now, no one is saying that they want kids to drink. However, they definitely want Bud to be someone's first beer, when they do start drinking. So again, it's all about developing new markets. My first beer was a Bud, and I probably had my fair share, before I found that there were better tasting ones.

What's the deal with name the baby? I don't want to name the baby. How many guys wanted to name the baby? Do women want to name the baby? Perhaps. Kids? Um....

The commercial is family friendly. They sell a product associated with addiction and drunk driving, yet this commercial in subtle way suggests that it's great to have a Bud, when taking your kids to Chucky Cheese's or Disney, etc. People drink anyway around their kids, but this can only serve to encourage them more. C'mon, it's the beer with ponies!

The pure genius is that there's not a single bottle of beer in the whole commercial. Rather it's a commercial about a family reunion, and what better way to celebrate than with a Bud? Notice, it's a family reunion without even showing a human family.

The commercial is also viral. I didn't watch the game, but yet I watched the commercial from the link above. It has 10 million hits thus far and has been posted in a runners forum.

Big win, win, win from a marketing perspective for Anheuser-Busch InBev! Look at their stock price. It's up, up, and away for the last five years, during a miserable economy.

Coke and Pepsi still think that they need to get the word out too.
Oh, and Bud Light is the world's best selling beer.
AB/Inbev must know what they're doing.

or c) some people don't drink at all
which puts me on the C category.

Reactions: Sid and NickW
Ah, thanks for that break down analysis there, Sid. ;)

Reactions: Sid
or c) some people don't drink at all
which puts me on the C category.
Hmmmm....so to quote Sid:
The commercial is family friendly. They sell a product associated with addiction and drunk driving, yet this commercial in subtle way suggests that it's great to have a Bud, when taking your kids to Chucky Cheese's or Disney, etc. People drink anyway around their kids, but this can only serve to encourage them more. C'mon, it's the beer with ponies!
The pure genius is that there's not a single bottle of beer in the whole commercial. Rather it's a commercial about a family reunion, and what better way to celebrate than with a Bud? Notice, it's a family reunion without even showing a human family.

They're going after Barefoot Dama and the "C's" !

So I pointed out everything to the lady that was gushing over it. She said she still liked it, although she didn't let her kids watch it. She also reflected that would like it less if it was sponsored by a firearms manufacturer. Then she indicated that alcohol probably kills more people than firearms in the US, so there was a bit of dichotomy. It's a complex world!

She said that her first beer was Coors light. Actually, she's a few years older than me. I do recall that Coors light had those silver bullet commercials back then. They were popular enough, that a friend named his little beat up car, the silver bullet. Good times...

Then she indicated that alcohol probably kills more people than firearms in the US, so there was a bit of dichotomy. It's a complex world!

Guys totin' full auto firearms killed a lot of people during prohibition because of it. Then again drunks routinely kill people with simple revolvers as well as motor vehicles. It's probably even a more complex world than we can imagine.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
They're going after Barefoot Dama and the "C's" !

hahahahahaha!! I am sure they won't be able to find me Board not even with their cutest comercials.

Reactions: RunningPirate
And here I thought I was unique :(

Good thing you have the treadmill to help pass the time in your long midwestern winters.
There's a reason why Canadians drink more than Michiganders , and why UPer's put us lower penninsula beer drinkers to shame.
I think a bunch of guys are going to be drinking a bit more tonight while mourning the loss of your avitar.
First Karen's dissapeared, and now yours. Oh well.

I think a bunch of guys are going to be drinking a bit more tonight while mourning the loss of your avitar.
quote]
So do you want me to put back the old one?

Put it to a vote!

Wow, 2-1 for the new one so far.