IL/Lincolnwood - 34th Annual Lincolnwood Turkey Trot

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Matt, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Illinois
    3. New York

Date: Sun 11/21/10 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM CST
    Link: 34th Annual Lincolnwood Turkey Trot

There is a CARA Certified 5K and 10K run, 5K fitness walk, and a Drumstick Dash 2010 (for children 10 and under), through the scenic streets of Lincolnwood. This unique event is for novice as well as experienced runners/walkers who participate regularly in area races. A warming fire, post race entertainment, and collectable long-sleeved turkey theme race shirts are among the special benefits of this race.

DATE: Sunday, November 21, 2010

TIME: 8:45am - 5K / 10K Run
    9:00am - 5K Walk
    10:30am - Drumstick Dash 2010

PLACE: Proesel Park Shelter
    Morse and Kostner Avenues, Lincolnwood

RACE: 5K and 10K Run, 5K Fitness Walk and a Drumstick Dash

AGE DIVISIONS: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 & up.

AWARDS: Long sleeve T-shirts guaranteed for all PRE-REGISTERED runners and walkers. Turkey trophies awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age division, male and female, in each running race. Plaques are given to top male/female Lincolnwood finishers in each race. A plaque is given to each male and female overall winner in each race.

CODE: 309201

ENTRY FEES:
    $30 OnLine Registration (www.lincolnwoodil.org)
    $30 Pre-Race Registration - Run/Walk (Mail or Drop Off by 11-5-10)
    $12 Pre-Race Day Registration - Drumstick Dash 2010 (Mail or Drop Off by 11-5-10)
    $7 Mail Packet Prior to Race (Deadline is November 1)
    $35 After 11-8-10 and Race Day Registration - Run/Walk
    $15 After 11-8-10 and Race Day Registration - Drumstick Dash 2010
    ** CARA Discount ($2.00)
    ** Lincolnwood Resident Discount ($2.00)

2. efjae27

efjae27 Barefooters
    1. Illinois

Thanks for putting up the info Matt! I'd like to participate but I have to dedicate my entire weekend to studying for a final exam I have Tuesday night. I was thinking of doing the Chicago Turkey Trot thanksgiving morning but I'm not sure if I'll do it yet. I'll post if decide to do it to let everyone know. Thanks again!

3. Matt

Matt Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Illinois
    3. New York

Good luck with your exam. If you need a break from studying, you can always come and register at the last minute.

4. efjae27

efjae27 Barefooters
    1. Illinois

Very true. BTW, are you running the 5k or 10k? If I convince myself to get away from my studying I'll probably just do the 5k.

5. Matt

Matt Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Illinois
    3. New York

I'm going to do the 10K. Ifigure a nice leisurely run sounds better than a 5K sprint right now. The 5K and 10K's run together until about the 1.5 mile point, where they finally split off from each other.

6. Matt

Matt Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Illinois
    3. New York

Back from the race. Just a couple thoughts. I think I might write up a race report later. First of all, the weather was nearly perfect. The only drawback was that the streets were a little damp during the race. So my feet were a little on the cold side initially.

I saw a bunch of VFF's. That was a shock.

The barefoot guy from last year was there again. He told me about a new path in Evanston that I will have try out at some point.

I loved doing the 10K. This was my first 10K, and I like the distance a lot more than 5K. I think I will do more 10K's in the future.

In general, people are still confused about barefoot running. They think I'm "tough" or "the man", but there is nothing tough about it.

I really like the neighborhood feel of this race.

One last note. I saw a friend who lives in the neighborhood and does gear check at the race. She said her husband now has "those toe shoes" based on a discussion I had had with him a year or two about barefoot running. I guess he loves them, and their college daughter might get some too.

More later. I'll see if any picture turned out and if I'm motivated enough to write an actual race report.