IBRD

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by NYAB, Feb 17, 2011.

1. RattleFox

RattleFox Barefooters
    1. Virginia

I live in Southwest VA, never thought I'd be near DC for IBRD, but it looks like we may be in NoVA that weekend. What time are people meeting for the run at the Mall? I didn't see the exact info (other than at the Monument) in the thread.

Hope to see you there,

Darcy

2. Akhenaten

Akhenaten Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Virginia

Great plan! And all of us running around the Washington Monument will certainly draw some attention [​IMG]

3. NYAB

NYAB Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Thanks for the reply folks!

Darcy, the location has just been updated on the IBRD thread. We will be meeting at the Monument (West side) at 11:00.

See you all there.

Rodney

4. HopesMom

HopesMom Barefooters
    1. Virginia

May 1st is a Sunday. I have church in the morning. DC is 2 hours away for me. While I like the idea, this is just not a good schedule for me, either time or place. Sorry to be a non-participant, but that's my choice.

5. Dustin

Dustin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. New York
    3. District of...

Ditto what HopesMom said. I'll be at church.

6. NYAB

NYAB Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

No problem, this was bound to interfere with the schedules of some. There will be other events. Thanks for the thumbs up though. [​IMG]

7. barefootandy

barefootandy Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Hey people,

I've seen the emails go around daily for a while, but not gotten a full scope understanding of what's going on here until following the thread to the forum directly. That said, I'm totally a barefoot junkie, running in and out of the minimalist type shoes (mostly barefoot/VFFs) as well as in an out of injury (overuse marathon+barefoot training mostly), and am always up for spreading the word, celebrating a good cause, and meeting other likeminded naked runners!

I'm a little busy finishing up some grad school over the next month, but I'd like to help out how I can. I will at the least spread the word, try to get a couple fence-runners friends to come out and give it a try, and drum up the word a bit. The details for the IBRD look a little lacking, but I've surmised an 11 meeting on May 1 at the Monument in DC. Are there hopes of putting some level of a bona fide race together, or maybe a Google Docs sheet of ideas and plans for what people can do to pitch in? Or, if it's just going to be a group of people meeting up (that are easy to spot ;) ), will there just be a little running and revelry perhaps?

By the way, I'll be coming from Baltimore and am in DC/VA a lot, so getting there shouldn't be a problem and should be more reason for me to get my act together and drum up some anti-running shoe business!

Anyway great idea, let's make it happen!

Andy

8. PaulR58

PaulR58 Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland

Hello every one!

This event sounds like it will be fun , I wish it were closer to were I live, in southern Maryland St marys County, DC on Suday morning is not a good time for me if any one is interested in somthing low key an local, maybe we can get together that Sunday after noon down here nice trails and parks close by. Well let me know. Those of you who can or dont mind on Sunday have fun!

9. BrunoRuns

BrunoRuns Barefooters
    1. Maryland

I will be there! Very Excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers, Bruno

10. NYAB

NYAB Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Andy, this will probably be just running and revelry. Since there is no official event on which to attach, we're kinda' just feeling our way here. I suspect, though, we will draw quite a bit of attention as interest has piqued over the past week. We're about 20 now.

I see us basically answering questions from curious onlookers and then taking a few laps around the Monument to hush the skeptics.

Thanks for offering up some PR. The more that show up the better.

Im hoping this blows up and turns huge. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

11. NYAB

NYAB Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Hey everyone, the day is getting closer! Just over 3 weeks away. Excitement is increasing and so is interest. It looks like we'll have a small crowd of participants.

See you all on Sunday.

12. Barefoot Chuck

Barefoot Chuck Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. International

I’m not sure yet if I’ll take the Metro or drive in from Spotsylvania but I’ll be there for IBRD. Sound off! Who else is coming?

13. Akhenaten

Akhenaten Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Virginia

I'll be there. I have to run six miles that day, so I'll probably be making MANY loops around WAMO!!

14. John Mayan

John Mayan Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland

My wife and I will be there. I'm a 4 1/2 month bf runner, and should be able to get 5k in shoeless. She's a midfoot striker who should be taking her shoes off for the first time!

Lookin' forward to it!

John m

15. NYAB

NYAB Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Just a heads up everyone.I've beenasked that a waiver be signed by all participants prior to engaging in the group run. This document isn't a thesis, its just a few paragraphs stating that each participant understands the risks of engaging in physical activity and won't hold anyone, but themselves, responsible should anything wacky happen. I can't make anyone comply, but I hope that you will kindly humor me. Thanks all.

16. chanin

chanin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. District of...

All,

I know it's last minute, but are we going to be able to conduct our event with the culmination of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer also ending at the Washington Monument?

Chanin

17. chanin

chanin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. District of...

Great to meet all of you today! My family and I had a great time. We are looking forward to running with you again in the future!

Chanin

18. Barefoot Chuck

1. Virginia
    2. International

Great run with a great group. It was well worth the trip. My wife is now an official "BRS Groupie". Might even have to have a t-shirt made for her.

19. NYAB

NYAB Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Fantastic event! It was great meeting everyone who was able to come out to support and and participate. I wish the weather had been a little bit better......but hey, it could have been a lot worse.

There werealmost30 of us in totalthat made it out for this inaugural event. What a fantastic turnout!

20. Barefoot Chuck

1. Virginia
    2. International

Ok group, what's next? Let's keep the momentumrolling.