IBRD or Winter Challenge?

bfsailor

Barefooters
Feb 7, 2012
Erie, PA
I tried to get some folks from our local runner's club here in Erie, PA to come out for IBRD this Sunday, but I haven't gotten any replies. :(
Plus the forecast for the weekend is calling for an overnight low Sat/Sun of 39F and winds of 20MPH. That's solidly in Winter Challenge territory.
I don't expect any newbies to show up. Oh well. I'll be out there!

At least you will be out there representing. One is better than none. :barefoot: Enjoy!

Thanks TJ!
Hope you're doing okay!

Another bad thing about a cold IBRD is that I won't be able to wear my IBRD tank top. :(
Well, maybe I'll wear it over an UnderArmor shirt. Or just put it on long enough to get a picture! ;)

Our forecast was looking pretty dismal as well, but we lucked out......47 degrees F, dry w/ dry roads, and the sun popped out just before the gun. Winds kicked up during the awards ceremony, books almost blew away, but all and all WAY better than the original forecast which included flurries!

Well, the sub-40 degree F temperatures didn't materialize here, either, but it was still not a great morning.
45 degrees, wet road, and light rain falling. Thankfully no wind. As expected, no one showed up to run with me. :(
I persevered, however, and ran 5K by myself in the rain so that Erie, PA would have at least one participant in IBRD! :woot:
I even rocked this year's shirt, although I had to wear a long sleeved dri-fit shirt under it to keep warm! Alas, almost no one got to see it.
I passed one other runner during my run, and got a big smile, and met two young ladies in the parking lot as I was leaving, one of whom was kind enough to take my picture so I didn't have to do a selfie. At least I can say "I was there!"

IBRD-2014-1.jpg

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7